“"Cousin's Wedding in December"”

San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
Ranked #35 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter to go to my cousin's wedding in San Antonio, Texas. It was amazing, we asked for the highest floor we got the 38th floor suite with an awesome view. At night the city lights and high buildings were to die for, we just loved it so we are coming for our wedding anniversary. Woohooo..... The starbucks in the morning that just made my husband morning, everyday at home he gets starbucks, here you just walk downstairs. My kids enjoyed the pool as well as the riverwalk and the ride on the boat. We all had blast and enjoyed it & will return many more times to come. Of course I cant forget the best was the connection of the mall to the hotel!!!! The rooms are very nice, love the decor, very comfy (blankets awesome), bed was great and loved the living room so that the kids could watch their own shows. Stay at this hotel you can't go wrong, we just Loved it!!!!!!

Room Tip: "The highest floor has the best view."
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've been to this hotel twice and both times have been a great visit. As a Marriott Platinum member I find this to be one of the best locations for room upgrades. The front desk staff is attentive, friendly, and very helpful. Every other staff person, from the bell service to the bartender, was also first rate. The location right near the Alamo and the Rivercenter makes seeing the local attractions and finding food a breeze. I would highly recommend this hotel if you're visiting SA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Don't trust valet parking! The lock on my car was broken and the inside of car was trashed. My navigator was stolen along with my daughters asthma medication and nebulizer. They told my daughter they would take care of it in a couple days when manager got back. They didn't bother calling the police or informing the other guests at the motel. This happened this last weekend between Friday oct 26, 2012 until today Sunday oct 28,2012. We have since filed a police report!! The rooms and view were spectacular. Just wanted to warn everyone to check your cars!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Here for a conference. Room was fine, but dated. One conference room fine, but afternoon was quite hot. We asked for climate control, didn't work. Coffee service was warm, not hot. Concierge recommended spa, but walking directions added 4 blocks.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed at 3 different Marriotts in San Antonio and this is far better than the other two. The room and property is well maintained. The receptionist remembered my name and gave me an upgrade to a suite. The room was quite and had a very good sleep. The concierge lounge could add a little more variety beyond the bare basic. The gym was not large but much better than Marriott Riverwalk.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed two nights for a conference. The facilities were adequate & comfortable. My room was just as requested and overlooked the river walk. The River Walk was easily accessed from the lobby and gave a lovely and welcome break from work. The food provided to the conference was very good, especially considering the number of people served. In addition, room service was swift and good. The staff were all welcoming and professional.
In addition, if you are interested, the Alamo is within a very short walk.
The only thing I wish the hotel had that it did not supply is an airport shuttle. I took a taxi from the airport and, while it was quick and courteous, it was fairly expensive. For half the cost of the taxi, I took a shared shuttle to the airport. It was also efficient but still over $14 for a short distance. I am also glad I asked the bell captain where to pick it up. If I had waited in the taxi area, I'd still be there!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the River Walk side. The other side overlooks the highway.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Location Location! The Marriott Rivercenter has it all! We stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio October 19-20th for the weekend. The staff was extremely pleasant and welcoming upon check in. The hotel is a full service property with bars and restaurants. We were given a room on the 28th floor with a view of downtown San Antonio and the Riverwalk. The only downfall is room size,which is on the small side, but the location of the property on the Riverwalk and attached to the Rivercenter Mall more than makes up for it. It is also within walking distance to The Alamo for those that want to visit there. The rooms are clean and the hotel and a pool indoors and outside. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for the view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple