“Excellent venue for a national nursing convention!”

San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
Ranked #39 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Airmont.NY
“Excellent venue for a national nursing convention!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter for 5 days attending a nursing convention. The staff were very friendly. I even tried their pool, which was refreshing and the gym had every equipment I would use. The room is to Marriott's excellent standards, comfortable and clean. This is one I would recommend and would even go back to when I return to San Antonio for a family visit. It is right next to the Riverwalk, with even a starting point for the Riverwalk boat tour. Conveniently located, it is attached to the mall with several known restaurants. One of which is Tony Roma's where we had one of our dinners. The Alamo is a mere 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Any room is recommended
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Friendswood
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We live in Houston, and I could not really tell what hotels were on the riverwalk. I was scared we would have to walk some distance in the heat..but nope! We walked out the side doors and down the stairs, and we were on the river.This hotel was hopping! The room was beautiful, and if you like a quiet A.C. this place is for you.If you don't mind a short walk, you can walk to the Alamo and the Alamo Plaza!!We had a blast and will go for a longer period of time next trip.

Room Tip: Our room was an even number and we faced the highway...which was beautiful at night and we could see...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy B
Suffolk County, Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Marriott Rivercenter in San Antonio is attached to Rivercenter, a somewhat down-at-the-heels shopping mall that is currently undergoing a major renovation. It does have a 9-screen multiplex movie theater and an IMAX theater, as well as a food court and its own comedy club. The Riverwalk, San Antonio's biggest attraction after the Alamo, is just steps from the hotel entrance -- and the Alamo is one long and one short block away. The hotel itself is large and modern, with a Starbucks in the lobby. Staff were universally courteous and helpful. The exercise room is fairly well equipped, and has a large whirlpool and indoor-outdoor pool. My room, with a king size bed, was not especially large but big enough; the bathroom was modern, and the bed very comfortable. My only complaint was the presence of a few small ants that occasionally could be found creeping along the night tables. The hotel has its own restaurant on the second floor, and a cafe by the pool, but I did not eat at either one and so cannot comment.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 29, 2012

As with other reviewers, I appreciated the helpful staff from the front desk to housekeeping. I was there for a conference for 5 days and this was a great location, providing convenient access to restaurants and other activities after long day sessions. The conference food service was great as well. We had breaks and one lunch (the grilled chicken was excellent) provided by the hotel catering service, and a step was not missed with such a large crowd. The room was nicely appointed, and the free wi-fi access in the lobby was handy (extra cost in the room). Recommend the Maria Mia restaurant (exit hotel at riverwalk, down the steps and you're there) for anyone, and their takeout meals are just as delicious, enough for two, and reasonably priced. The mall with it's Food Court is available, and you can even catch a visit to the Alamo after meetings are concluded. Recommend a boat ride which was fun and cheap, but ask for discounts such as military and senior citizen's. Appreciate the hotel providing taxi estimatefor trip from airport on its website. My cab driver quoted more, but when I told him that wasn't the estimate I got, he took me the most expedient route, and it was right in the range of the estimate, rather than 8-10 dollars more as he had quoted. He wasn't as friendly after that, but I saved!

Room Tip: If you are there for a large conference, choose your floor with the elevator traffic in mind. I was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NTN4NOW
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I rarely write reviews but since the staff at Marriott Rivercenter blew me away I thought it was time. I went with a girlfriend for an easy out of town getaway. Just wanted to sit by the pool with no agenda. What could have been just an ordinary hotel stay was made incredible by all the staff at Marriott Rivercenter. They really understood and delivered exceptional customer service. They were at 90% capacity but really went out of our way, remembering our names, drink orders and reason for staying despite the hectic atmosphere. Willis from the bell station, Felipe from the pool bar and all the bar tenders at The Bar were just phenomenal. Their restaurant manager James really went out of his was and for all their great attitudes I wanted to write a review, turning an ordinary trip into a great resort experience. (Though hotel is not a resort) Hotel was clean, rooms were comforable and the pool was a nice rooftop experience. Food was unexpectadly great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We arrived and were well treated by the Bellmen. When I went to check in I was told I didn't have a reservation which was alarming. I always carry my confirmation and gave it to the desk clerk and was assigned a room. The room was pretty clean except for a dirty sock and a speeding ticket on the floor from a previous occupant. The problem with the room was it's size. This was a king bed room and had a desk, desk chair and a padded chair. The Padded chair was within 12 inches of the bed which made it a hazard when getting up during the night. As a result I moved it. For the price we paid we expected a little more.

Room Tip: Check the room before you unload you baggage.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The staff of the Marriott Rivercenter are wonderful. I stayed there six days as part of a conference and had a chance to interact with many of their employees. From the room service to the front desk to housekeeping, everyone was extremely helpful. The facility was beautiful and the fitness center / indoor pool were fantastic.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and had a great view of the tower/revolving restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business