“This would have been a 5 star except the conference rooms were freezing!”

San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter
Ranked #37 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Preston, Minnesota
“This would have been a 5 star except the conference rooms were freezing!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 5 days, 4 nights. I had a great view of the city from my room. The room was clean, tastefully decorated and current. The bed was so comfortable I couldn't wait to go to bed at night (and I hated to get up in the morning). I wish my bed at home was as confortable! The conference rooms and public restrooms were always clean and free of clutter. The meals catered by the hotel were excellent as well. My only complaint was that the conference rooms were freezing despite wearing layers. The staff were never able to improve on this even though comments were made the first day.

1 Thank CandV79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Good hotel. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Great location. Beautiful lobby

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Arismendez25
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We liked the location and easy access to great restaurant and walks on the Riverwalk, easy access to the Alamo. The meeting room facilities were fine and the hotel rooms were very comfortable with good wifi access. Also liked the convenience of free washer and dryers and a good fitness center. We were a little surprised that our room was not ready when we arrived at 3 p.m. as this is a major conference hotel and we often noticed long lines around check in time. If going for business this is a fine place. We liked being able to rent a rental car (Hertz) on site and return it to the airport. My husband was attending a conference, I was the spouse on vacation. I loved San Antonio.

2 Thank rshoregon
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter is in an excellent location! There are several tourist attractions and excellent restaurants and shopping within walking distance. We stayed there for a convention and enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanne94
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel is in an awesome location, right by the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We were lucky enough to have access to the concierge lounge, which was fantastic with refreshments and snacks available all day, delicious breakfast in the morning, appetizers and desserts in the evenings. Our room was very comfortable. Extremely comfortable bed! They messed up our check in (didn't notify us when our room was ready, as they had promised) and comped our parking to try and make up for their mistake. Lots of amenities in the hotel as well. I would stay here again. The downsides for me were that parking is $25 and you have to pay for internet ($12.50/day, I believe).

1 Thank wallamercedes
Virginia, USA
Reviewed October 14, 2011

The best thing Mariott's Rivercenter has going for it is its location, right in RiverCenter Mall and adjacent to the River Walk. You can catch the river taxi and cruise right there; there are some excellent restaurants in the mall, and you are within walking distance of The Alamo, San Fernando Cathedral, and the Spanish Governor's Palace. Standard Marriott hotel and amenities, although the hotel restaurant was diappointing for anything other than breakfast. Very limited menu. Then, again, who needs a hotel restaurant, when all of the great River Walk restaurants are a short stroll away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jim_in_Virginia
New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Recently spent three nights at the Marriott Rivercenter and I would consider the stay to be average. The hotel is huge - 20+ floors but fairly modern and up to the usual Marriott standards of cleanliness, etc. It was clearly built to accommodate huge conventions and events at the nearby convention center.

I was given a room that could be connected to two other rooms and that said, I always find these rooms to be much smaller than the standard king rooms. The room was of course clean and had the typical, but base amenities. But by no means anything special. I was also dismayed to learn that wireless internet was not free - even as a member of Marriott Rewards. Apparently, I wasn't at the right membership level. I am now even more disppointed as I read the other reviews to learn that it was free in the lobby. If that's the case, it's very annoying that when I called the concierge to inquire about the free internet, I wasn't told that.

The gym was a good size and had all of the typical equipment. There was and indoor/outdoor pool but the furniture and area seemed dated and/or worn.

The location is fine and you can technically say that the Riverwalk is out the side door. However, it is not really the "heart" of the walk. The Alamo however is very close.

Overall a fine stay but when back in San Antonio, I would look for a hotel a bit smaller and closer to the true heart of the city.

1 Thank Greg187