“Older hotel close to the Riverwalk and the Alamo”

San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
Ranked #42 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My colleagues and I stayed three nights in this hotel for an education conference. The hotel is a little older but is clean and has great customer service from the front desk to the restaurant. It is a short walk across the street to the convention center. The hotel is connected to the Rivercenter mall and the Riverwalk and the Alamo are right around the corner.

I had no issues with noise, but my other friends on the 14th floor complained about the walls being thin and being able to hear people in the room next door as well as people in the hallway. There is a nice workout room, and there is a pool, but it is pretty small.

Parking is expensive ($25 per day for self-parking in the garage and $35 for valet parking), but I think this is in line with all of the hotels in the area. You can get a break on the parking price if you are a Marriott Rewards card hold depending upon your level. The bathrooms are small, and none of our rooms had a refrigerator. I was disappointed that internet access in the rooms cost $12.95 a day. There is free internet in the lobby, but it doesn't make it very convenient when you are on the 16th floor like we were. For the price of the rooms, free internet should be provided.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, and the restaurant in the hotel has good if expensive food. Then again, everything along the Riverwalk is expensive.

Overall, I had a positive experience during my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear jguerin77,
We appreciate you letting us know of your positive experience. Thank you for letting me know of the great service you received throughout the hotel. We have a very caring staff who takes great pleasure in providing the best service! We hope you stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Marriott Riverwalk is very close to to Convention Center and to the Mall. It is on one end of the Riverwalk with easy access. The elevators are very slow and the pool is nothing to talk about. But everyone is super helpful and pleasant to talk to. The drinks are expensive but they always are in a hotel. The room was average but quiet enough that I could sleep. With 3 teen girls in a room I can't complain about the housekeeping, lol. Overall a good visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear Wyofarmer,
Sounds like you made the most of traveling with three teen girls! Our location is unbeatable, as you discovered. I'm glad you had a good visit, and appreciate you letting us know of the good service you received. Please come again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The location of this hotel is good, but the service is AMAZING! I had booked the wrong date for our stay. Karen at the front desk was professional and on top of helping us get a room at a sister property. The service from the valet, bell service and front desk can not be beat. We ended up across the street at Marriott Rivercenter.... Super clean and every employee went above and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect. I highly recommend the Marriott Brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear KMLED,
Thanks for such a great post. I’m delighted to hear you were so well taken care of at both the Rivercenter and the Riverwalk Marriott. We work very hard to welcome every guest and to create a home away from home. Thank you for allowing us to do that for you. I will be sure to let Karen know you were pleased with the service she provided you.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We thought this place was great,good location,short walk to the Alamo and shops,bars and restaurants and right on the impressive riverwalk.Hotel is nice and staff friendly.Everthing seems to be on the doorstep.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN P
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Nice hotel. Great location. Front Desk personnel need some serious customer service training. You are definitely just a room number here. Will stay somewhere more attentive to customers next time I am in town.

Room Tip: 34 floor...great view of city
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Brandy B,
Every guest is important to us, I’m very sorry you were made to feel otherwise. Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to strive to ensure a warm, friendly greeting is the order of the day for everyone. Thank you for your candid feedback and we hope you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Our stay at the Marriott Riverwalk was outstanding. Hotel was typical Marriott, but the staff was what set it apart from some others. Every single employee we interacted with treated us like we were VIP's and they were glad we stayed at their facility. The front desk staff welcomed us like family. Location is great and right on the River and their balcony rooms are the best. You can walk right out the door at the lower level and be right on the river walk. I understand they will refurbish next year and will be even better. Parking is expensive but it usually is around an tourist area like this.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms look out on the river walk and are very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimpoo
Patrick M, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Jimpoo,
Thank you for your great review. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay and that our wonderful staff welcomed you like family. Our staff is keenly trained to respond to cues to enable them to host you brilliantly. Thank you for letting me know how well they took care of you. Please come again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a room right over the Riverwalk at Christmas time! Absolutely beautiful vie of downtown and. Riverwalk. Shopping right across the street at Rivercenter Mall. Quiter rooms the further up you stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for Riverwalk location! With balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Deanna H,
The River Walk at Christmas time is tough to beat. I’m glad you were able to enjoy such a spectacular sight! I hope you will visit us again soon.