“Had a great time!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Reno, Nevada
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I were in San Antonio in August for a convention. Luckily the host hotel was the Marriott Riverwalk. Very convenient to everything on the River, a short walk to the convention center and attached to the Mall! I could shop and relax while my husband went to meetings. In the evening we tried several restaurants on the river but actually enjoyed the Mexican food at Rosario's which is on Alamo Street. Of course we had a ball at Durty Nellies on the River. The Marriott is a great place to stay if you want to be in the center of things. Very helpful employees, great service, good food and fantastic beds.

Room Tip: We had a room off to the side with a view of the Riverwalk. Very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick M, Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Oh so many choices to eat on the River Walk, Rosario’s is definitely a favorite of the locals as well. I’m glad to know we offered great service during your stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future to be of service to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We have stayed here previously and are big Marriott fans. The hotel is nice and, as always, Marriott beds are the most comfortable ever! The bathroom vanity definitely needs more lighting but overall everything was very clean and comfortable.

The location is great. We had a room on the 23rd floor overlooking the Riverwalk. Across the street is the Rivercenter Mall and the Marriott Rivercenter. If you have a choice, stay at the Riverwalk. A quick elevator ride and a few steps down and you're strolling the Riverwalk. It's especially fun around Christmas with lights everywhere and carolers on the barges.

We ate at Rita's which was disappointing. The food wasn't passable but the service was definitely not good. We got our food and didn't see the server again until we found someone to track her down. Missing food, no drink refills, no smiles....until we were presented with the bill. We saw our first smile then.

What makes this Marriott stand out is the staff. Everyone is so friendly and works so hard to accommodate everyone's wants and needs. They will remedy any issue, minor or major, with a smile and a quick resolution. It is so rare these days to see this type of service and it is much appreciated. We will return!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the Riverwalk.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Our staff indeed works hard to accommodate everyone’s needs and wants, it’s our way of hosting you brilliantly. It will be our pleasure to host you brilliantly on your next visit, so please come again soon.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

+ coffee maker in room
+ room seems well cared for
+ real glasses
+ toilet has two flush levels
+ iron and board
+ rooms made up promptly
. free wifi in lobby ~0.3 Mbps
- big swings in room temperature, gets very hot then blasts with cold air
- cable TV but poor selection of stations
- no grab bar in shower- friend put in three rooms before he found one in which the plumbing was not broken
- wi-fi $15/day in rooms- no fridge
- no microwave
- small cramped rooms
- very little drawer space
- thin walls, voices from other rooms surprsiingly loud in room
- note says earplugs in drawer but none
- skimpy coffee fixings
- neighbor taking shower sounds like in your bathroom
- no breakfast
- prices very high

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pflugerville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Beds are comfortable and the room was exceptionally clean. There are two separate buildings, even though they are both the same Marriott. I recommend the Riverwalk even though it's an older building. I just bought a brand new truck and was concerned about letting valet park my vehicle, but I was more concerned about theft in a public parking lot. The valet took great care of my truck, gave me directions to get around downtown, and called taxis for my friends who didn't have a car. Great place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RobertRam, Director of Sales at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I’m glad that we put your anxiety at ease with your new truck. Our valet staff is very professional and always ready to be of service. We hope we have the pleasure of serving as your host again soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Riverwalk for my birthday weekend. When we arrived the valet, named Henry, was very friendly and helped us through the entire weekend with getting our car in and out. There is construction in the area, but my car was always ready on the driveway after we called down. The room was a little dated, but the AC worked great on a hot weekend. Great location, and the service makes up for an older building. Nice valet drivers.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I will pass along your kind comments regarding Henry. He is a great host and I’m glad to know he took great care of you. We look forward to being of service to you the next time you are in San Antonio.
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located conveniently across from the convention center & you just go down a flight of stairs & you are on the Riverwalk. It is a few blocks from the Alamo & rivercenter mall. There was no need for me to have a car while I stayed here as all the restaurants & attractions were all within walking distance. I stayed in a king room which had a very comfortable bed & pillows. This hotel is very quiet so no issues with getting sleep. There is a bar downstairs for those who want a drink & dont want to drive. Hotel is very clean.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your great review. I’m very happy to know that you enjoyed your visit to San Antonio and your stay at the Marriott Riverwalk. Yes, our location is very walkable to everything to do while in downtown San Antonio. I hope you will come again soon.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The location of this is excellent. I was there for a work trip and across the front of the hotel was the convention center (where I needed to be through the day). Walk out the back and you are within the steps of the excitement of the Riverwalk. The Alamo was really close and their was a mall next door. I loved that for my first time in San Antonio I got to be near all the stuff I wanted to see and experience.

The hotel itself was nice, clean, with very friendly staff. That will be my hotel the next time in San Antonio.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a lovely review, thank you so much. I have to agree, the Marriott Riverwalk is perfectly located near all that you’d want to see and do while in San Antonio especially if are experiencing San Antonio for the first time. Our great staff eagerly awaits your next visit.