“Fantastic”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

For the price, it was all that I expected. Totally recommended, ask for the superior floors with a balcony and the view to the riverwalk. It is also nearby Market Square and downtown San Antonio. I would recommended to anyone that visits the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor - with a view to the riverwalk
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MarioJBass, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback. We are thrilled to know that you had such a great experience at the Marriott Riverwalk . We look forward to being of service to you and your family on your return visit. Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
Katy
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 10 year anniversary this week-end. It was perfect! We upgraded to the Riverwalk view with a huge balcony. I have stayed at several area hotels but this is my new favorite. Everything was better than expected, the staff was wonderful, clean and spacious rooms, comfy bed and the breakfast buffet in the restaurant was delicious! I was so happy to wake up to the Starbucks in the lobby, yum! We are planning another great-away for next month at this hotel with the kids. The pool looked like fun!

Room Tip: 24th floor with balcony view was awesome!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas/Fort Worth
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent our honeymoon here 18 years ago...it has hardly aged at all. Service and staff were perfect. Great recommendations for casual dining and saved a 30 minute walk with just a shortcut. Gave us early check in and late check out no problem. Balcony was superb!!

• Stayed May 2013
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 for 4 days. I had an absolute blast! Not only is this hotel located in the heart of San Antonio, but it is extremely well maintained and modern. Bedroom was very big and comfortable. Very modern bathroom. Beautiful view of the riverwalk from the window (got the premium room). Easy access to the riverwalk and all it's offerings. Great place to stay while you're on business or personal vacation. I came for business. Either way, you are sure not to be disappointed. Good food too. Although can be a little pricy with surcharges, taxes, and tips, so don't be afraid to venture out and find cheaper places to eat. I highly recommend this hotel when you're staying in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. You're in the heart of San Antonio! That is all that matters.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 27, 2013

-Walking distance to Riverwalk
-Whole building and room quite clean
-Amenities are functional and what is expected from advertisement
-Walls kind of think because I heard the next door TV pretty good in my room and when I walked by their room in the hallway it was only faintly heard.
-I don't much care about appearance but it was very pretty
-Staff was friendly
-Pool was really nice when I went early in the day
-I put terrible on spa because travel advisor made me rate it but I really don't even know if this hotel has a spa, if so I did not go it that one.

Room Tip: Just ask about the view when you check in and base your room choice off of that info.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Other than prime location, not a lot of good things to say about this place. The beds are uncomfortable. The amenities are lacking: no free WiFi (always a slap in the face to customers to make them pay $13 a day for WiFi), no coffee in the room, poor breakfast selection. Also, paper thin walls... At least our neighbors seemed to enjoy themselves. For the rate, I expected better.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jww98w
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 25, 2013

In looking over the reviews, they are quite mixed, from downright poor to excellent. I am a Marriott Gold member, so I have seen my share of Marriotts. For a Marriott, it's below average. The lobby is nicely decorated, and it has a nice central location. Thats the good. Overall, the hotel has seen its day, very outdated once on your way past the lobby. First impression is the dirty, stained, smelly carpets on way to the room. The room itself was small, with a tiny bathroom, less than adequate shower, and old decor. The worst parts however were the bed and the noise. I felt like I was sleeping on an old lumpy carpet, and with every move there was a creek - really, did these beds come from a youth hostel?? The noise was probably the worst on record. Its not because its located in the city (I was also at the Marriott next store with no noise issues), its because it is very poorly constructed with paper thin interior and exterior walls. So, if you love the sound of traffic, and love to hear your neighbors, this might be the place for you (they do provide complimentary ear plugs for those not interested in these sounds at night). There are tons of hotels in the area, I would try something fresh and new!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank EricG123
MarioJBass, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for being a member of Marriott Rewards, we appreciate your loyalty. We take all comments such as yours very seriously and we apologize that your stay with us was not what you expected. Hotel room packages and décor are continually changing to stay functional and fashionable. Our parent company, Marriott International is constantly researching new products that will distinguish all our different brands. We will expect to see a new more modern product at the completion of our next room renovation.