San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Riverwalk Vista(San Antonio)
1,356 results
All reviewsconvention centergreat locationthe concierge loungethe river walkbalcony roomrivercenter mallhigh floorvalet parkingdirect accessattending a conferenceself parkan upgradestreet noisebusiness triphotel restaurantper dayriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am staying here at the Marriott San Antonio Riverwalk at the end of August. It is very hot and humid...which results in cricket infestation. I have found 7 in my room....and have called the concierge twice to have the first 5 removed. I found two more but seeing how it is the middle of the night I didn't have the energy to call again. They say it's a result of the weather and have been apathetic towards the issue. There has been no offer to move me to another room or inquiry if there is anything else they can do to make my stay more comfortable. I definitely would not come back to stay here again.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I don't understand why so many people complained about this hotel. I had an excellent stay! Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was great - I had a balcony room overlooking the riverwalk. The pool was small, but I enjoyed it while lounging outside. Love the Bath and Body Works toiletries as well.

1  Thank yogagirl143
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was first time at this Marriott and one of the worst hotel experiences in a long time, mostly due to poor service all the way around.

First: The hotel pool was out of service due to a leak. Now this could not have been foreseen by the hotel, but their solution was to send guests to the Courtyard Marriott across the street, which would have been OK, but that pool was low on water, dirty, and in poor shape. Plus no one staff member could tell us when the main pool was going to be repaired - we heard a day, two days, a week - much confusion.

Second: The wake-up call was late by 15 minutes the first day and after pointing this out to the manager the next night, after asking for a wake-up call again, the desk called and woke us up to ask us what time we wanted to get the wake up call because someone didn't write it down - really? A colleague staying in a different room had a similar experience that week.

As a hotel that billed itself as one of San Antonio's finest, it proved itself wrong.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MarioJBass, Guest Relations Manager at San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

We were sorry to hear that you found your recent experience at the San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk disappointing. We appreciate all feedback and we would be delighted to discuss your experience with you in more detail. Please feel free to get in touch with Libby at your convenience. Libby can be reached at 210.554.6060.

Again, our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were disappointed with this hotel. We usually love the Marriott chain, but this hotel was a bit of a fail. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. But the state of the hotel is really bad. The carpets are all stained and filthy looking. Our room looked tired and rundown. The bathroom was full of black hair. Housekeeping was nice, but I did clean the bathroom floor because of the hair. The pool area is downright ghetto. I did not want my kids swimming in that pool which was too bad as that is something we really enjoy. The location is so great, right on the riverwalk and we spent most of our time there or visiting family. Love San Antonio and can't wait to get back, but it will very certainly be at a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EMF60

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Do not stay at the Riverwalk. $259/night and they didn't even clean our room before the second night. It was loud, busy and very run down. We expected a top notch hotel with excellent amenities, but got a very low class hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel that is newer.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family