“RIVERBOAT PARADE NOV.2011”

San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk
Ranked #42 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We created our own package. included hotel. thru the hotel we reserved seating on the river and watched the annual River Parade. the seating included dinner at the hotel then assigned seating. very close and personal. our children loved it. right next to shopping. Since everything is walking distance there was no parking fees. room clean. service great. food excellent.

Room Tip: * Rooms facing the river have better view
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RFNERIO N

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I fled to the Marriott Riverwalk at 1:30 am after a short and unpleasant experience at another hotel across town, where my business conference was located. The front desk attendant here welcomed me with great kindness and patience. Even though I was obviously desperate and in no position to bargain, she graciously let me have the government per diem rate, which was the same as I had paid at my other hotel. I had expected to pay out of my own pocket for a higher rate, considering what a nice place this is and the great location.

The room was very clean and quiet, with a great view of the Riverwalk and city. Deliciously comfortable bed. Wonderful room service food, and dishes left outside the door were promptly taken away. All facilities at this hotel are very robust and well maintained.

My check out after a 3 night stay, which was also at a weird hour due to an early flight out, was quick, accurate and easy, and I waited less than 10 seconds for a taxi- amazing!

When I come back to San Antonio, for business or pleasure, I'll definitely stay here again, regardless of the rate. Really a great experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BaseCampTiger
Reviewed November 20, 2011

It is located right on the Riverwalk, very convenient. However, overpriced. The rooms were average and more on the level of a Fairfield Inn than a Marriott. Good stay - just disappointed in the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HillCountryTexan
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference. I got the room for $154/night which was great for the location. The location was ideal - at the top of the Riverwalk so that all the restaurants and shops were an easy walk but we did not get the noise from the late night Riverwalk crowd. I had a room on the 30th floor (top floor) that had a wonderful view. The staff was very helpful. So, here's the gripes. First and foremost, my room was a few doors down from the elevator bank and we heard the elevators constantly. It sounded like the noise you first hear when you begin to run on a treadmill. It would last about 30 seconds and stop; until it started again. Perhaps this is a top floor problem. Second gripe, the restaurant wasn't always open for dinner. Now I am not a huge hotel restaurant fan but it had been a very long and tedious travel day and I just didn't want to leave the hotel that night. When we went downstairs for dinner, we were told the restaurant would not open for dinner because they could not find enough staff to keep the restaurant open. We ended up eating on the bar balcony which was very pleasant. But the bar menu is limited and if I had been really hungry and not so tired, it would have been disappointing. Would I stay again? Yes, but only at a good rate - not rack rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AnxiousJerseyGirl
Reviewed November 2, 2011

This is by far the best location on the Riverwalk! I was nervous about the location but after spending 6 days exploring the Riverwalk and San Antonio I am so glad that we stayed here. This hotel has a nice view of the riverwalk and receives the wonderful afternoon sun, most the hotels along the riverwalk are shaded all day. All the hotels charge way too much for parking and internet so nothing you can do about that. Rooms are small but there is so much to do in the area, get out and enjoy it.
Definately, get a room with balcony.

You must try Zocca Restaurant at the Westin, not at all what you expect from hotel dining. They have top notch service and excellent tasting food and atmosphere. My favorite of all the restaurants we tried while there. Little Rhein Steakhouse is the best steak I've ever tasted, pricey but the veggies are served family style for sharing so that helps. Well worth every penny.

Take the sightseer bus out to the Japanesse Tea Garden and the Botanical Gardens, very nice!

Room Tip: Try on-line sites for great deal on room rate.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank D2M2N
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Close by to the convention center and the Riverwalk area. Great Hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at the Marriott Riverwalk and the location is excellent. Walk out the back door and your on the Riverwalk. The River Center Mall is connected by the walkway below so you don't have to go up on the busy street. The noise from the street is a little much but the location is worth it. You can catch one of the river boat rides right down on the walkway to the mall as well. The hotel staff was pleasant and overall it is a 4 star hotel. The room was large but the bathroom was tiny where you have to step around the toilet to get the door open after getting out of the shower.The Bar downstairs was overpriced and service was average at best. Go somewhere else on the Riverwalk if you want some drinks. Cleanliness was good and the bed was comfortable. Overall very satisfied with the experience.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room for a nice view of the RIverwalk
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple