“Not up to the quality of La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
Ranked #189 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, TX
“Not up to the quality of La Quinta”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed at the La Quinta while in San Antonio for a family wedding. The hotel was chosen mainly for the price and location. Those were good, but the hotel itself left much to be desired. It reminded me of a Rodeway Inn. The rooms opened to the outside. We had hoped to be able to mingle with other family members, but that was not convenient with the motel style room access. The beds were comfortable, the pillows lumpy, the desk chair was comfortable, and the furniture looked a bit worn. The towels were a bit on the thin side and the bathroom amenities were very basic.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were able to get a late checkout so we could get ready for the wedding.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kalola2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013

you can never get a Wi-Fi connection in the rooms, you will spend at least 1-2 hrs on the phone with their tech support that can not speak English very good.

The front desk personal is friendly thou.

You can forget about talking to house keeping unless you know Spanish, they can not speak English.

I usually stay at this motel when I come to town for business, but last few times it has gotten worse. I doubt I will stay here ever again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mcclurea
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
We've received your feedback regarding your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn San Antonio - I-35 at Rittiman Road. We appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns about your stay. We're sorry you had issues both with the Wi-Fi as well as with being able to communicate with our team members. We'll use your feedback and task our team with making sure that our access points are working properly, and ensure our housekeeping team is aware of your feedback. We definitely have some opportunities for improvement!
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very pleased with location of La Quinta. Easy access to dinning establishments. Service from the staff was warm and friendly. Would like to have mini refrigerator in the room for medications that need to be kept cool. Overall experience at this location pleasurable, will most likely stay at this La Quinta again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Dalton_LAVFW
Cypress, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2013

the area was a little shady which is not good for a woman traveling alone. the room was clean but it had a musty smell (i guess from just being old). the drains in both the sink and bath were very slow.

HOWEVER, the front desk person that checked me in was very friendly and even moved me from the room i was reserved to use and put me closer to the front office. also, after i checked in he called the room to make sure i was ok. that was a nice touch, again i was alone so it meant a lot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bekah W
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have come to expect a certain quality when staying at a La Quinta, but we found this one lacking. The room smelled musty, like mold even though I couldn't find any. The laundry was outside in a rather dirty area. The pool wasn't clean. But the staff was friendly and the room was basically clean. It met our needs for our stay, just don't expect it to be like downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here to attend graduation ceremony at fort sam Houston. Hotel is very close by and each took access. Room was clean. Beds comfortable and staff friendly. I would definitely stay again. Easy access to hotel and downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family