“Perfect location & all the basic's you need Hotel”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd
Ranked #185 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our stay was very satisfactory in general terms. I recommend it.
We wanted something good located with an easy highway that would connect us to fast to the airport, to the city center, to the Northstar Mall (close to the airport) and of course the San Marcos Malls that are right in the direction of the 35th north where the hotel is located.

Good and varied breakfast for a good morning fuel: Some fruit, yogurt, cereal, milk, bread, toast, great fresh waffles, juice, coffee, tea, hard-boiled eggs. :-)

The two single bedroom was good, but would have liked the bathroom a little more cleaner.
As well the window locks were old, dirty and didn’t work as well to open up the window. Since our arrival, it seemed that the room didn’t get very much ventilation so the smell was a little ‘enclosed’ and strange at the beginning.

BUT these little details should not hold you down. Especially if you’re looking for something –only to sleep, rest at night and have a good energy breakfast in the morning- deal.
+ You have parking, good WiFi reception, TV & very nice people that are there to help you out.
I'd would come back easily and enjoy another stay there.

*Just remember: You do need a car to move along (as most of everything in San Antonio).*

Room Tip: Good: Location, breakfast, comfortable beds, HD TV, parking and very good hospitality. Not so good...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn San Antonio I-35 N at Rittiman Rd

A La Quinta traveler
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed April 22, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Front desk called upon our arrival in our room to make sure everything was ok-very nice. Food was good, hot and plenty of it. Pool is outside but centrally located in a court yard. Good stay for the price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I picked this hotel because of the reviews on this website, but I really regret every minute of that choice. This place is getto. I paid $90 to stay here and it felt and smelled like a $55 Motel 6. You can tell that they have tried to upgrade the rooms but they left out the bathrooms in their remodle and failed to get rid of a nasty moldy smell in the room. They also left stained chairs in the rooms. My daughter didn't want to take a shower in their tub because of the rust and mold.
To top it all off at around 2:30-3:00 in the morning a crowd of about twenty people gathered in the hotel/resturant parking lot and started to have a party. They were yelling, laughing and drinking all through the night. I called the front desk who had already received complants and they were unable to break up the party. I finally called the non-emergency line to get a patrol car out to break it up. The cop wouldn't even get out of the car! That told me a lot about the area. The group finally broke off a little bit but then proceded to run through the halls hollaring about someone calling the cops on them. All this while my young daughter and I are just a door away. It was pretty scary at times.

Room Tip: Just about one block north was a Hampton. Go there instead.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joan P
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Previously stayed at LaQuinta Riverwalk and it was wonderful. This time had to rush to the San Antonio area for a family medical emergency and chose this LaQuinta as it was close to the medical facility. I was disappointed and only stayed one night. No refrigerator or microwave. Could do with some upgrades but I have seen worse, for sure. Not as clean as I would have preferred, particularly in the bathroom - hair around the bathtub, etc. Many hotels in the area so moved on to another one. Often ask to see room first but didn't think it was necessary with LaQuinta. Now I know better.

Room Tip: If in doubt about accommodation, ask to see room first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

LaQuintas are always my first choice if there is one. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. There is a large area in which to walk your pet and a running track. There is grass, take your potty bags with you...please! I hate when people do not pick up after thier pets.

We had our two dogs and stayed two nights. We could hear the train, but that isn't the fault of the hotel. It is quieter on the side of the Mexican Rest where we were.

The room was clean and spacious with a King size bed. Lots of room for the dog crates and thier playpen. The breakfast at LaQuinta never lets me down, good choices.

Yes I would stay here again, I do love pet friendly hotels!

Room Tip: Room on the resturant side, quieter as there is a train that goes through several times a day.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here while waiting for a doctors appointment. It was ok, the rooms weren't the cleanest i've ever seen but i knew that going in. I asked the staff to come and look at my shower for quite some time, and they never did. I complained on a site, other than trip advisor, and the manager got a hold of me and comp'd me 2 nights. That was great!
Nice mexican restaurant in front of the hotel, very good food!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo