“The service is terrible, please don't waste your money”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Market Square
Ranked #92 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, Texas
“The service is terrible, please don't waste your money”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I was there for business trip. and I gave the font desk State tax exemption form. and the lady took it without saying anything. However, after I checked out and called them about the tax exemption. they said they don't take tax exemption and hang up me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is the third time we have stayed in this hotel. You can walk (25 minutes) or take the 'tram' to the River Walk and downtown. It is across the street from Market Square and Mi Tierra restaruant. Our room was spacious and comfortable. More or less a standard La Quinta breakfast. Due to downtown location only one parking space per room booked.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChessiePeake
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Wow what a disappointment, the room was old with warn carpets and a run down bathroom. Although I could of put up with that if it wasn't so damp and smelly. Everything in the room was damp and all our clothes in the wardrobe became damp and smellt. The gap under the door was a couple of inches so the room had cockroaches coming into it. I've stayed in some better hostels than this. The breakfast was okay and the location is close to the riverwalk. I'm amazed that they charge $100+ per night for it - trust me it's poor.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank saraprice8
austin
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We have stayed at all three LQs near the River Walk and this location is our favorite. It was looking well worn but it has been refurbished. Our room was updated with new beds and furnishings. This location is right across the street from the Market, but you will have to walk at least four or five blocks to the RiverWalk (it is an easy walk). The doors to the rooms open to the outside. It has always felt safe, although I have never stayed on the "backside". Pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed July 25, 2009

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We had 3 rooms booked, so I can say that my review is consistent for all 3 rooms. In fairness, there were a few positive points:
* very good location; right across the street from the Market Square and within walking distance (although it is probably a good mile) to the Riverwalk. It is also on the bus/trolley route to the River Walk if walking that distance is a problem.
* the parking is free
* the free breakfast was not great - but it was free food to start your day
* the free internet service, and it worked by the pool area too

Here are the negatives:
-The rooms are small and the furnishings very dated and dirty.
-The bathroom is so tiny that you almost have to stand on the toilet or in the tub in order to close the door. Definitely not for the claustrophobic!
-The rooms are the dirtiest, filthiest rooms I have EVER stayed in. The floors/carpets were so dirty that if you walked 5 steps in socks or barefoot, the bottom of your feet were literally black.
-The sink and tub were never wiped out or cleaned the entire 3 nights we stayed there.
-The coffee products were never restocked once used on the first morning.
-The amount of hair in the bathroom was absolutely disgusting!

For $100 per night, it is absolutely NO value. The only thing you are paying for is the location to the market square, which isn't that spectacular. Bottom line: This hotel is definitely NOT up to La Quinta standards.

Oh, and one other tip: if you decide to order pizza to be delivered from your hotel room, don't order from Chicago. Horrible service, messed up order, and double the delivery time quoted!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Laughintexas
Arlington TX
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Short 6 day getaway with my 8 yr old daughter over Christmas break. We live in Arlington TX. We went down to do the Riverwalk. I've stayed at other hotels there and none are as surprisingly great as this one! This one is right on the Market Square. Fantastic shopping and great food. Entertainment and portrait painting. Desserts and souvenirs. I didn't realize it was a hop and skip next to Market Square. And then two hops and skips next to beautiful red antique trolley stop that you take 3 blocks (3 minutes) to Downtown Riverwalk. I've paid $300 night to stay right on riverwalk and I wasn't impressed. I paid less than $90 a night at this La Quinta and had a blast.

We brought our two cats with us and were allowed to stay per La Quinta's pet policy. We rose every morning to free coffee in our room and free coffee and hot waffles and breakfast in the lobby. Great parking. FREE Wi-Fi. Awesome customer service. Clean rooms.

All in all, I will absolutely be staying here again when we come to SATX!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed March 20, 2009

My husband and i stayed here for sping break w- our 3 kids. We originally booked for 2 nights, but checked out after the first. We would have left as soon as seeing the room, but every hotel in the downtown area was booked. The rooms smell like mildew. There was pubic hair on the toilet and in the bath tub. The carpet turns your socks black. There was a strange looking beetle type bug in the bed ( we found in the morning) .that's the picture. Everyone was sick the next morning after breathing in the moldy ac air. The trees all around the propety were filled with birds which pooped all over everyone's cars and the parking lot. this place was disgusting. I think all the "cleaning people" do is take out the trash and make up the beds.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family