“Great Stay & Location!”

Ranked #83 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Great Stay & Location!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my first time in San Antonio and we picked this location because we were bringing our dog along and always enjoy our stays with La Quinta. This location ended up being fantastic - right across the street from Market Square and just a walk away from the Riverwalk. Check-in with quick and easy and the rooms were clean. No trouble with parking. Very low noise level as well considering the market right across the street.

Market Square has plenty of shops, food and drinks. Nice little night life for just being right across the street. The Riverwalk is probably a little less than a mile away - walking distance. It is everything everyone brags about and more!

You get a lot for your money at this location! We'll be staying here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Over all the hotel was in a great location to stay,but could of been a little bit cleaner! It doesn't get any closer to the Market square being right across the street! Free parking is a huge plus with most hotels in the area not having parking... I look forward to staying here again on my next trip to San Antonio!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Plano, TX
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This La Quinta is an older motel (like you would have found in the 1960's which may have been when it was built - don't know). It did not have a lot of amenities such as you'd find today. But the rates are less as well. All in all, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The staff couldn't have been nicer. It's right across the street from El Mercado Market Square. It's a little bit of a walk to get to the Riverwalk but it's do-able. I usually look for a La Quinta to stay at because we take out dogs with us on road trips. They are welcome at most La Quintas. There are some grassy areas around the motel and across the street for the dogs to potty. The only reason I didn't rate this as a 5 is because it's older and doesn't have the amenities that the new properties have. But again, for the money, it's great. We stayed there in March of 2013 (yes, I'm afraid I'm just now writing my review).

Judy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PlanoTraveler08
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2013

One really can't beat the location for the price paid. Under $100 and free parking and breakfast. I really like the La Quinta chain, and stay with them often...sometimes with my dog. However, some locations are much nicer than others. I guess it all depends on price, and you get what you paid for.

This is an older, motel like establishment. We had taken the double decker bus tour during our stay, and the bus passed right in back of the motel. I was too embarrassed to let anyone on the bus know I was staying there. Yes, it was that bad. However, we did take advantage of the all day pass for the bus, so rode it back to the motel following lunch, saving a mile walk.

It is very easy to get to the Riverwalk and other attractions from the motel. However, at night, there is a very dark stretch of street that I would not recommend walking alone if you are female. The regular bus line runs right along the street of the motel if you do not feel like walking. Market Square is right across the street.

There is no refrigerator or microwave. I had a bottle of wine, and er had bottled water. I made a makeshift cooler by using the small plastic bag in the closet used to put laundry in. Line one of the garbage bins with it, and fill it with ice. The bag holds very well. I ended up shattering the wine on the floor by accident very early in the morning. I called the front desk, and the staff was very good at coming to clean up the mess. he even joked that it was a shame that I wasted a good bottle of wine.

My one big complaint was that at night, there was a constant train whistle sound. It was every night all through the night. It was very annoying. This is the main reason why I would never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
phoenix
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am an overall fan of LaQuinta. The room was clean, a decent size, nice breakfast in the morning and a good price with no parking charges. This hotel is across from Market Square, LaTierra Cafe/Bakery and close to Pico DeGallo, too on the other side of freeway.

I had to laugh when I made by hot breakfast waffle and it was in the shape of the state of Texas.

The only negative with this hotel (and it would be for any on this side of time) is that at 3am - 5:30am sunday night/monday morning, there were alot of freight train horns. You can't see the train tracks, but you can certainly here it. Bring earplugs or a sleeping pill.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chicago90Phoenix
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel did all they could to myself and my family feel like we were at home. I would advise all who travel within the US to stay with this chain. You get the best value for your money. Employees are always friendly and go the extra mile to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family