“Great hotel, excellent staff”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Market Square
Ranked #85 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Phuket, Thailand
“Great hotel, excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel, and front staff namely Robert so helpful with the booking and directions, the room was clean and spacious, the hotel is close enough to walk to the river walk or the Alamo, we would definitely stay there again and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, staff (Maria) was very friendly and helpful, morning breakfast provided, shuttle to center of town closeby, and pri ces lower than closer to town center. Free parking and across from Mi Terra's mexicam restaurant (good food). All-n-all, it was perfect for our needs and price range. Hope this is helpful.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived at the La Quinta Market Square in San Antonio yesterday, and when we opened the door to the room it looked like it had been ransacked. Drawers our of the dresser and in the middle of the floor, the dresser and night stand moved away from the wall, papers all over the floor. My husband went and told the desk clerk, and the desk clerk acted none too surprised and responded that they have had that complaint before and said he would let the housekeeping crew know. He assigned us a different room and my husband put our stuff in the room then we went to dinner. Had I seen the room at that time we never would have stayed there. Old, dirty and smelling of mildew. There were two chairs at a table in the room that didn't even match, one was stained and dirty.
After dinner walking up to our room there were people sitting in front of their room (the room directly below ours) in lawn chairs. Not something I expected to see at a La Quinta, but at this point we just wanted to go to sleep. We got our twin 3 year old boys bathed and into bed. We had just fallen asleep, and we hear LOUD Mariachi music. It was 10pm, and sounded as though they were right outside our window. We look out, and low and behold they were right outside our window. There was a full Mariachi band putting on a concert in the parking lot of our hotel directly below our room. By now the whole family is awake and upon calling the front desk, we were told that this is a "festival hotel" and it should be expected to have a concert outside our window at 10:00 at night. The front desk clerk told us he would send security to quiet them down. We packed up and my husband went to the front desk to complain and get our money back. He was told we would not receive a refund. He wasn't offered a name of management, or an apology of any kind. When my husband told the front desk clerk he was going to issue a formal complaint he said "It's a free world" then looked away, and when we were driving away, we saw the "security guard" sitting and listening to the music. We were then forced to drive two hours headed back toward Houston, and after making dozens of calls, finally found a hotel with an available room (it was a holiday weekend). By the time we were in our new room it was 1:00 am.
Today when we arrived home we called the manager of the La Quinta Market Square, Ginger Collins. She professed to be very empathetic, even speaking to how she would feel in this situation as she herself is a mother of a 3 yr old. She said that the city noise ordinance is 9 pm. She professed that she was very apologetic and would like to help us resolve the situation. She then told me that the lobby was packed and that she was the only employee there, and she asked if she could call me back when the lobby quieted down so that we could get some resolution. That was over 5 hours ago, and we have yet to receive a call. Being that this is a Holiday weekend, we can not even talk to anyone at La Quinta corporate until Tuesday.
Unfortunately this was our first trip to San Antonio and this hotel ruined it for us. Prior to this stay, we have been frequenters of La Quinta. As a Gold member I have stayed at many La Quinta hotels, and have never experienced this level of unprofessionalism and ineptness. We had a two night stay planned in a different city at the end of this month, which we have subsequently canceled. At this point my husband would rather spend $100 more per night plus pay for parking, then ever stay in a La Quinta again. We paid $157 to stay in an unpalatable room for two hours, then to be woken up by a Mariachi band, disrespected by the desk clerk, and forced to drive an additional two hours in the middle of the night to be able to put our three year olds in a bed. Absolutely the most disappointing experience with any hotel I have ever stayed in, not to mention La Quinta!

Room Tip: Choose any hotel other than La Quinta
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Twinmommy2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I usually stay in one of the historic downtown hotels when we visit San Antonio, but on this trip we opted for convenient access to Mi Tierra's Restaurant and Market Square. This LQ location is directly across the street, so tricky and expensive parking problems are completely avoided. This location is very well maintained, updated and comfortable. Staff were all very friendly and professional. Our room was near the pool where many children played, but at 10 pm all noise stopped. It's very refreshing to see "quiet time" rules enforced. Our only complaint is that parking spaces are very narrow, but parking is free and guests are given parking placards to prevent towing. We will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2013
Rockport, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We decided we needed to eat at Mi Tierra's and headed to San Antonio. On the way, I used the La Quinta ap to make the reservation. I was glad this location had a room since Mi Tierra's is right across the street. This hotel is an older hotel, but they keep it clean and updated. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are clean, even if they are small. The front desk staff is always happy to see you and are very knowledgeable about the market square area. We always travel with dogs and this downtown location has plenty of green spaces surrounding it. Stay in the back if you have dogs with you. There is less traffic.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Kimmysue50
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Very nice staff and very clean rooms.

Stayed at the Red Roof Inn and fell and did major damage to myself because they have a very small lip at the loading zone (which they did not mark at that time) in front of the hotel and I went down on the concrete and spent 2 years sick. Would not call for help, left me lay on the ground. I could not even get up. I could go on but won't. Never stay there.

La Quinta would never do that. If anything is slightly wrong, someone is asking if everything is okay.

Red Roof Inn left me lay in front of their doors on the ground. Never called me an ambulance or came to see if I was okay. Never asked if I needed help, nothing. NO I WAS NOT DRINKING. They just did not care. BEWARE FOLKS! La Quinta cares Red Roof Inn does not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family