“FIVE STAR Value Accomodations”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Market Square
Ranked #94 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 6, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Donna, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great time already booked for next year. Everything was clean and food was good. You need to add more rooms to your hotel. We had a great time because of the location. We
already booked for next year. Loved the hotel staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an older property - 2 story motel built around a pool. The price is amazing, esp. considering that it is downtown & across the street from Mi Tierra. Easy interstate access. Rooms are newly renovated, clean & with comfortable beds.

Free breakfast and wi-fi. Unlike many downtown hotels it has FREE parking too.

The poolside room was wonderfully quiet since the temps were in the 50s. In the summer I'd ask for an outside room instead!

I'll definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LibraryLady106
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Perfect location right across from the Market Square and very reasonably priced! You are in walking distance of lots of shopping and restaurants. The River Walk is just a few blocks over. Great for downtown stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Pharr, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I hv stayed at this location numberous times and each time I hv been treated with kindness and respect. The staff is excellent from days to nights. My last stay was business and stayed there for 1 month during there busy time with SA rodeo. I had 3 rooms and they took care of my company ( evergreen) with the ultmost precessional courtesy . Thank you market sq location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My three-night stay in this hotel was disappointing because I lost confidence in what I thought was a chain of hotels offering acceptable and economical accommodations. Everything was fairly unremarkable until I turned on the hot water and discovered it required a 15-minute wait before the ice cold water began to warm. I was probably too impatient to wait for truly hot water, but when I stepped out of the shower I immediately turned on the heat. Big mistake. How or why I don't know, and don't care to know, but someone had urinated in the unit and when the heat was turned up the odor was sickening. I don't think it was fresh, and what followed convinced me it wasn't a new problem.
When I reported the problem to the front desk clerk he appeared unfazed and somewhat indifferent despite the inconvenience of my repacking and physically changing rooms. In the tortured course of events I was given non-functional room keys four times yet still no offer to help. This fellow is about a third my age and I had flown up for medical reasons, so I can't say I appreciated him lecturing me about room keys. I noticed he didn't write anything down about the foul smelling heater, either.
The next morning I asked to speak with the general manager, Rick Flores. He was unaware of any problem. Apparently a foul-smelling health hazard wasn't worthy of mention, but I certainly brought it to his attention. To me, he didn't appear very alarmed either. I noted the inconvenience and discomfort of changing rooms, and playing musical chairs with non-functional room keys, lack of hot water, and all-but-inedible breakfast, plus the blast of nasty air in my face. His response? "What would you like me to do about it?"
I suppose it's a rhetorical question because it involves what I would have liked him to do, which would have been to be more responsible and professional.
My recommendation is to pay a little more and find a nicer hotel in a much more convenient location. This place is off the beaten path - especially at night - and a long way from any decent food.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo