“Great stay”

Ranked #86 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

The best thing about this hotel is its location to San Antonio's Market Square and easy access to the downtown riverwalk area, as well as to I35 & I10, which will get you anywhere you need to go. The room was extremely clean, fresh smelling and quiet, the a/c worked great, and the bedding/mattress were really comfy. Although they offered a free brkfst, we opted to cross the street and eat a hearty Mexican bkfst at one of the restaurants on Mkt Square. All in all, a perfect stay and I definitely would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for toiletries if needed....forgot my toothbrush at home, but was provided one by front desk.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Moncks Corner
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed here for 3 days in June, while touring San Antonio. The location is good, across the street from the market - restaurants and shopping, 1 block from the trolley and bus lines (get 1 day passes for $4 per day). The room was clean, large, and quiet. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room and when we inquired with the front desk one was delivered by maintenance within 5 minutes. The Riverwalk is within walking distance or a short trolley ride - we rode due to 100 degree temps.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2011

clean, good room servicing, nice location, mexican quarter opposite providing good restaurants. safe area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
austin
Reviewed February 16, 2011

On this stay the only room available was one with 2 full beds and this room was not as nice as the king-sized bed we had on our previous stay. The bathroom was very small- not much clearance between bathroom door and toilet, nor much room between doorway and tub- if we were bigger people it might be an issue. There was plenty of room between the beds, but it was tight between one bed and table. The director type chair needs a good cleaning and the vanity was worn. However, overall the room was clean, the beds comfortable, plenty of hot water and pressure, quiet inside the room and so convenient to the market. I will continue to stay at this motel because it is the best value in the area and best location for dining/drinking in the Market Square.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My daughter and son in law stayed there. I did not thank goodness. They paid more than a hundred dollars a night. I was given a notice that my vehicle would be towed if I stayed to visit them there. I went to get a vehicle pass because I was only going to be there an hour. They told me I would have to park somewhere else and pay 5 to 10 dollars to park. My daughter and son in law paid over 500 dollars over 4 days to stay there and the rooms were not even nice. They are old . And for me to have to drive around and get other parking when they spent hat much money.
I am just glad I did not stay there. I would have been very angry.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NMWildfire
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2010

I was there for business trip. and I gave the font desk State tax exemption form. and the lady took it without saying anything. However, after I checked out and called them about the tax exemption. they said they don't take tax exemption and hang up me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2010

This is the third time we have stayed in this hotel. You can walk (25 minutes) or take the 'tram' to the River Walk and downtown. It is across the street from Market Square and Mi Tierra restaruant. Our room was spacious and comfortable. More or less a standard La Quinta breakfast. Due to downtown location only one parking space per room booked.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple