“Not what I had expected!”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #138 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am a HUGE reviewer on TA, I was fooled this time! Dead lizard in bathroom that had been there for a LONG time as it was dried and crispy! Candy on floor all week that we were there, I left it hoping it would get vacuumed, never did. Tub was NEVER wipe cleaned, sink never wiped and towels were not soft, felt like they had been left out on clothes line to dry. I was there 6 days for BMT Graduation, even though we did not spend much time in room during day, we were dead tired at night so moving to new room was not option. Had loud and unruly people next door at 11:30 pm, security had to be called. Housekeeping needs to be much better, customer service was good, very polite and helpful. Breakfast was ok, waffles and bagels. Denny's down the street much better deal. Closeness to Lackland was perfect, but I think I would have rather stayed at the Courtyard down the road for more luxury.

Room Tip: Maybe stay in the Suites, don't stay in the 100's. To close to front office. Rooms are cheap
3  Thank AudreyE451

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had a great room (King Suite #200) very spacious and clean, everything worked properly, and the staff were courteous and very helpful during our weekend stay. The room had a nice King bed, and there were 2 fold-out couches and a reclining chair besides the desk and chair. Neat little kitchenette area, flat screen TV that swiveled to watch from either bed or living area, and surprise, surprise it had a TV guide built in so no flipping through all the channels to find something to watch! Plenty of cool air and hot shower...all in all a good value for the price! :D

Room Tip: If you want a room big enough to do cartwheels in with room for the whole family, definitely check o...
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was extremely pleased with the staff and hotel. My stay was very pleasant, and the room was very comfortable. Even though the hotel was very close to a major highway, you could not hear the traffic, which I thought was excellent for a good night's sleep!

A La Quinta traveler
Leicester, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This property is probably the best off-base location for attending your Airman's BMT graduation. I was about a mile from the gate nearest the reception center and less than that to the parade grounds. The info sheet they handed out about the BMT ceremonies was the same one they gave out at the on-base family briefing! Not a 5 star property, but my room was clean, well-maintained for 4 days, and I slept well! Nice breakfast offering, and they offered a shuttle to the base.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ken J
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff treated me with respect, Everyone attempted to accommodate me as my booking service had my dates of stay as Sat, Sun, Monday when in actuality I booked Friday - Sun to return to Dallas on Sunday eve. The hotel staff worked with my booking site to make this happen my family was so very happy we enjoyed Seaworld, San Antonio dinners and most of all seeing all of the military around us made us very proud. My girls saw female military a plus. I was happy with my stay at LaQUINTA and I would be honored to stay again.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy and front desk gentleman was very nice. Good area for dog walk . Room 159 was quite small but clean and ice machine in our bldg. did not work. I think I would try another in this area next time.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple