“BMT Graduation” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #130 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“BMT Graduation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was recently in San Antonio for my sons graduation from BMT. Being on a limited budget & wanting to stay close to base, I chose La Quinta on Military Drive.My room, although a little outdated, was well maintained and very comfortable for the small amount of time I spent there! The staff truly made my stay. I work in retail in a tourist area & know how difficult needy customers can be. This time, I was that needy customer! Every time I asked the staff for any assistance (usually directions) they surpassed my expectations & always did it in a pleasant & professional way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were in a room in the older part of the complex. I also had a military discount. It has been my experience in using a military discount that we are given a older room which has not been updated. And this hotel was no exception. My sister also stayed in the hotel during same timeframe. She used an airline discount (which was $10.00 per night less than mine). Her room seemed a little larger and the bathroom was definitely larger, nicer and seemed more updated. The layout of the sink area was much better. There were also better brands of bathroom toiletries (shampoo, etc.), no bid deal though. The a/c/heating unit in my sister's room was digital and newer compared to mine. Also the outer door and bathroom door in my room stuck and did not shut properly. I have no problem with paying less and getting less. However I feel I should have been told when I made the reservation.

We also had a plumbing problem in the bathroom around 8:00 pm. The hotel did not have a maintenance person working and the front desk clerk was the only staff working. One of my family members fixed the problem himself and the hotel credited my bill for 1 full day! Outstanding service!! I hope the hotel owners update the older rooms, which would make it an even better stay. But overall, very good hotel experience.

Having said all the above, our stay was pleasant and perfect for the reason for our travel, which was my nephew's USAF BMT graduation.

The hotel staff was great and knowledgeable about BMT graduations and area. I would stay there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our 3rd time back to this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful for information to the base and surrounding area for visiting. Our rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable. Will recommend and comeback to this one if we are in the area again .

4 Thank 95portgal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My stay at La Quinta at this location in San Antonio was one of the best I've had yet. Aside of the wonderful comfy rooms and beds, the area was really nice too. The grounds were equipped with picnic tables which made it possible for us to sit outside and enjoy the fresh breeze in the shade. One thing though, our stay wasn't perfect. Maintenance forgot to clean our room on a daily basis. However, after being asked by check-out staff about any problems I may have had and telling them about my experience, they credited my bill by $20. I left a happy camper because I mattered.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rusk, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here one night while visiting LAFB last year. The hotel is very close to Base and traffic was not bad at all. It is only about 5 miles from the main road for Eating and Shopping. The room was very clean and the breakfast was good. They offered us a room in the back to keep us away from the younger visitors which I appreciated a lot. If I were to visit Lackland again I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The front desk personnel were very courteous and just seemed to appreciate our business.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back have a good area to walk pets without having to worry about traffic.