“Great for people attending bmt graduation!”

La Quinta Inn San Antonio Lackland
Ranked #145 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great location for those attending bmt graduation and lackland. The breakfast was good if you for up early. The location isn't good Unless you want to be close to lackland.
The staff was so friendly, the location is close to freeway access.
The rooms were average, we had issues with our toilet and tub not flushing and draining slow. We stayed 5 nights. Again, I would recommend this place to someone attending events at lackland afb.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank wanderlustb8

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I waited up to the last minute to book a room and was left with this choice and a 5 star which was like $350 for a night with my sons. I arrived around 3 PM the 23rd. The check-in process was lengthy and caused a line to form. The two counter employees did not acknowledge a single customer as they walked in or waited in line. I wanted to throw up upon entering the room. I requested non-smoking and that's what I supposedly got. Unfortunately, it smelled like urine and a pack of menthols burning in the room. The a/c was noisy and damp, the beds were stiff and the bathroom was not clean. Someone left white vinegar (probably for cleaning) in the coffee maker. I used the coffee maker to try to fill the room with some sort of aroma other than what we were breathing. I dealt with it because it was a one night stay and I got out of the room as much as possible. The restaurants closest by are a mile hike under a freeway and I got dropped off there. There was a lot of noise outside the hotel and probably because the second pool was closed and the pool is central to most units. The continental breakfast was wiped out at 8:45 AM so there couldn't have been much there. I addressed the concerns about the room and smoke smell when I was checking out and the counter person (no title is justifiable) acknowledged my concerns and did absolutely nothing else beyond that. Just silence. Then I asked why I would receive a smoking room and he said I made the reservation through T_________y.com and would have to address that with them. ??? No questions were ever asked at check-in about my stay. I come from a strong customer service background and this was completely unacceptable in any form or fashion. They know better than that.

Room Tip: Dont. The room wasn't worth sticking around long enough to take pictures of.
3  Thank thetxcritic
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed 5 nights at La Quinta on Military Drive for attending BMT graduation Sept. 7th. Room looked clean and smelled clean. It was kept up every day, we had plenty of towels, never lacked anything. Free breakfast every morning beginning at 5:00 a.m. which was very convenient as we were on the go by 5:30 a.m. to head over to the base. Staff was very friendly and courteous. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Laurie5020
Reviewed August 7, 2011

If you are not big on dogs, request a upstairs unit. Pool and the area around it needs some cleaning and TLC. Rooms are not bad, you get what you pay for. The maid never replenished our coffee or cups our whole 5 day stay. Breakfast is good. Perfect for going to BMT graduation, very convenient location and you can hear Taps playing on the bugle speaker at 9pm every night.

Room Tip: Request upstairs unit if traveling without a dog.
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place was more of a motel than a hotel! It smelled like pee and the carpet and restroom was NASTY! We had already made a reservation and had to stay for 2 days! We all kept our shoes on the entire time we were inside the hotel room and didn't DARE look out the window at what might have been going on around us. Would NOT recommend this place at all!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandi M
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, from 7/27/11 to 7/31/11. My son just graduated from BMT and I was looking for a place that was affordable and close. This hotel met and exceeded my expectations. I requested a room close to the office and everything was perfect. I am not a small woman and I had plenty of room in the shower/bathroom area. You take a right out of the hotel on Military Dr and you are literally 1 minute from the first Lackland gate. I suggest going to the 2nd gate on the left to access the base for graduation on Friday, since it's the closest one to the parade grounds. You are literally right there once you enter the gate...parade grounds are on the right where all of the planes are. The breakfast was good, but it gets very crowded, early. The hotel staff start breakfast early on Thursday and Friday mornings, so you can get there a little after 5am and they will have it ready for you. They are very accomodating to the guests who have loved ones graduating. Other parents stayed at hotels downtown, which were more posh, but they had to fight traffic and I don't think it's worth it. La Quinta has a pool, as well, so I highly recommend it for everyone who is going to BMT graduation. Enjoy!

5  Thank BuckeyeMama3
Reviewed August 2, 2011

La Quinta was a great deal and did an exceptional job for the 5 nights (7/28-8/1) we stayed during my boyfriend's graduation from the Air Force. The base is literally a 5 min drive from the hotel or a 10 minute walk, whichever you prefer. The front desk was especially accommodating from checking us in at 2am to giving us phone numbers to cab companies and shuttle services. My king bed was very comfortable and the A/C stayed cold in the hot San Antonio heat. The breakfast is good, although I only had it once. I can't have waffles for breakfast every morning. Also, there's a local watering hole right next door in case you ever need a stiff drink at the end of you day.

La Quinta really exceeded my expectations. Great job!

3  Thank AsiaVonDutch