“never again”

Ranked #133 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
ozark
“never again”
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Never again would I use this hotel. The manager was one of the rudest people I have come across. Many a la quinta have I stayer in through the years with good results, but not so in this case.

• Stayed September 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
idaho
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I was disappointed with the room and the area. The room smelt moldy and musty. The carpet was damp by the airconditioner. The shower curtain had a stain on it. The parking lot, and stairways were dirlty. I will not stay at that La Quinta again.

• Disliked — old and smelly
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I can honestly say we didn't have any problems. Our shower and tub area was clean. (either it was fairly new or the housekeeper in that area does a good job keeping it clean.) Our room looked like it was recently painted, the floors were clean and I didn't see no critters (cockroaches)
The A/C worked great! It was very hot and humid outside so this was a big plus.
The staff was really nice and polite and helped us out getting information that we requested.
Breakfast was good, they have like 3 or 4 waffle-makers so you don't have to wait.
They also have 2 pools so if there is too many people in one you can go to the other.
They only bad thing was we didn't have a micro-fridge in the room, but we had a coffee maker, blow-dryer, and iron and ironing board.
When we go back to Texas we will more then likely stay here again.

• Liked — The bed was comfortable, I slept all night, the breakfast
  • Disliked — no micro-fridge
  • Stayed August 2007
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 15, 2007

We pd $99, we were looking for something close to seaworld. (It's about 5mi away) I have stayed in decent laquintas before and have enjoyed the waffles (free) for breakfast. HOWEVER, it was very old, trashy parking lot, parking lot opens to a few restaurants, its right off the highway, so you get all kinds roaming around the parking lot near the restaurants, old 70's - 80's style motel feel, doors opened to outside. We opted out for the breakfast, cramped, very limited seating area combined with the front desk area, and all kinds of people in and out the very near front door, food areas didnt look clean. worse, they didnt have our room for us when we arrived, (it was late after dinner around 9:30) then tried to upgrade us to a "suite" which when she opened the room, it had some other furniture stored in it so that didnt work, then they found another room, our tired family had to wait 1/2 hr in the hall for them to sort it out. wont be back, plenty of other choices right around that area, this should have been priced at $49-$69, ive stayed at much better laquintas, i think they upcharge because proximity to seaworld, it was not good

• Liked — lcoation
  • Disliked — check in, inadequate breakfast facilities, trashy parking lot, security
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
fort worth, tx
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I don't think you can expect much for $40 a night, but i felt gross and dirty staying there. It desperately needs an update. Carpet was gross and the shower/bath was made for VERY short people. Front desk was nice. It just feels like a really cheap, kinda dirty motel.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank rossjames1699
Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2006

La Quinta has long been my motel of choice, but I doubt I'll ever get my husband back in one again. It was terrible. The grounds were littered and unkempt. The sheets had blood on them, the bathroom was filthy and the attitude in the office was "Who cares?" I have never seen a La Quinta half that bad before. That was in May but I forgot to write a review.

• Liked — It's location. It was in the area that I was going.
  • Disliked — filth
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from this one, but don't give up on La Quinta
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SouthLlanoRiver
bakersfield, ca
Reviewed September 19, 2006

I felt confident booking a room after reading several reviews where other travelors were satisfied. I was attending a graduation ceremony at Lackland AFB so it was important for my family to stay close to the base. I now know that this area of town is not a good part of San Antonio. Now that is not La Quinta's fault, but for any single women going by themselves to something like this, I would highly reconsider before paying money to go there.

--So here were the problems with the hotel. When we first arrived, I noticed that the hotel lobby was dirty. I knew that was where breakfast was going to be served, so I was already disappointed because the hotel stressed what a great morning breakfast they would be serving complimentary. However I wanted to still give the place a chance because of the price and location. I noticed that the hotel parking had some run down cars in it, but again, shouldn't be a reflection on the hotel right???
--We had ordered a non-smoking room and the first thing that I noticed was the stench of cigarette smoke. Big turn off, but I didn't complain. The bathroom was filthy, still hair in the tub, dirty baseboards, and dusty. There were two queen sized beds which were some what comfy. The toilet broke as soon as we got there, and they offered to switch our rooms for us, however my mother had figured out how to fix it so we declined the other room. We were traveling with a small child and had already unpacked, so we felt it wasn't worth it.
--Later on in the evening, I started to unpack my luggage and noticed that the a/c unit has soaked the carpet next to my bed. I mean entirely soaked, I couldn't walk along the side of the bed. Again, didn't complain. Then the toilet broke...again... so I called the desk and the woman said that we should have requested another room earlier when there was a problem. She offered to have our room changed (it was 10 o'clock already) but declined to send any assistance with our bags. Our baby was already asleep so we declined. Then, at about eleven in the evening, someone slipped a flyer through our door. At first I thought someone was trying to break in, because of the noise and then I realized what really happened. I was pretty freaked out because lets just say I was less than impressed with the area of town that this was in. So my mother went outside to make sure that our car was still ok outside, and when she did there were 3 less than friendly gentleman having a party outside of our room. They were sitting on the hood of their car (how pleasant). You can imagine that I didn't sleep well that night.
--The last straw!--The next morning, as I am picking out something to wear in my suitcase and I was exited to see that the hotel mascot, a cockroach crawled out from my jeans. It probably got there because of the water soaked floor from the a/c unit. We called the desk and they offered to move us to a suite for the same price that we were paying, but I know that there were roaches all over that place. We declined and they comped our room for the night. Thank goodness for the help of a hotel on the riverwalk, we were in a new hotel in just a few minutes and couldn't be any happier to leave this hotel.

The staff at this hotel was very kind. They were understanding of the situation and I have no complaints as far as that is concerned. But the location of this hotel and the cleanliness was unacceptable.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family