“Nice hotel but crappy beds.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #54 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Hotel was pretty nice, no problems with the staff at all. Complimentary breakfast was OK, not spectacular but OK, fair amount to choose from. My biggest complaint was the bed. Worst sleep I have ever had in my life, the bed was warped or something and we both woke up with sore backs every day... could not wait to go home to a nice bed. They just need to invest in good beds then I would say 4.5/5 for a business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I went on a long girls weekend with a friend of mine. We both needed a fun getaway. Check-in/Check-out was a breeze. The staff was very curteous. We were on the 10th floor. We decided to park behind the hotel at the $5 per day lot instead of self-park or valet at the hotel. We lucked out and could see our vehicle in the lot from our room, so that was good. Breakfast was great in the mornings. Very good choice of items to choose from. Breakfast was very filling and a good way to start the day. We were there from Oct 1 to Oct 3. The hotel was nice, housekeeping was great. It's close to the Riverwalk and Rivercenter mall was just right next door. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel was a LaQuinta. We got an excellent rate and with the great breakfast and other aminities, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank CatDan001
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I made the reservation months in advance for a king non smoking room. When we arrived we had a room that smelled horribly of stale smoke and had two double beds. On top of that the AC didn't work properly. When I called the front desk, the woman was rude and told me the only king available was a $114.00 increase in price. She offered no resolution. We come here every fall for a convention and I will never stay here again. Nearly every member of our group had similar problems.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank MJK88
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Like many of the others on here, I was surprised to see a La Quinta as a 3 star. Hotel was nice, although the rooms were small. Parking is a complete SCAM, I should have parked behind Denny's like someone suggested. Parking is $19 until 12pm, no matter what time you arrive, then it is an additional $12 after that if you stay more than 2 hours. The pool is small for the amount of guests, (5) luggage trolleys for 15 floors (yes I asked), and they ran out of breakfast numerous times. The breakfast was a 30 minute ordeal just to get food, while the wife searched and secured a table, both of us getting our tasks complete at the same time. The location was not bad, but only having 3 people doing check in and checkout made for a long line just to get in the lobby. The "business center" was one computer in a room that was never empty. Overall, it was not a bad place to stay depending on price (we used Hotwire), but we will not book there again with more efficient hotels actually on the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank justllooking
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Some things were so great but then others were so bad! The hotel is in a great location. No it's not right on the riverwalk but it's within walking distance to that and the convention center. It is also a huge gorgeous hotel. Frankly when I heard LaQuinta and 3 stars in the same sentence, I was skeptical. The lobby is huge with plenty of comfortable seating but they need it because there are so many people at that hotel, the line for check in was almost out the door. They had 3 efficient and friendly clerks but when it's that busy, they really need to have management chipping in to help. So needless to say check in took about 25 minutes. The room is clean and well decorated but for the price they are charging, getting 2 doubles is ridiculous. They don't have queens. So I feel the value was bad. They charge about $20 a night for self-parking, more of course for valet....bad....but the parking lot is secured which is great. The complimentary breakfast was just ok. They don't offer a whole lot but the presentation and the way they have it organized to accomodate the crowds is very good. The internet in the room didn't always work and the hotel offers ONE computer in the business center so needless to say you always had to wait for someone to finish. The laundry center only has 3 washers and 3 dryers...again for that size hotel, it was not enough. I always bring the Purex all-in-one sheets when I travel but a woman who was in there with me lost her money on the detergent machine. I gave her a couple of my sheets to use. I ran into her later and she said she STILL had not gotten a refund because supposedly a maintenance man had to retrieve it and the guy never showed up after she went to the front desk and of course had to wait in the line TWICE. I did see the swimming pool area which was gorgeous. There are also 6 fast elevators.

It's a shame because it is such a beautiful hotel. The staff is as friendly and efficient as they can be. I think for the price they are charging the rooms should have queens, computers need to be added to the business center, more washer and dryers should be added, and a better breakfast should be offered. For what they offer now, I think a fair price would be $110.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wizofwoz
Reviewed July 12, 2010

BEWARE!!! We had confirmed reservations @ this hotel & they cancelled our reservation
2 days before we were coming in. They could not give a good reason & they were supposed to give me a confirmation at the new hotel but they never did. My last 2 phonecalls to them were never returned & when I wrote to thier coporate offices they never responded. What terrible customer service that is. AT ALL COST STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff080152
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Laquinta is not a 3 star Hotel nor is it on the Riverwalk! This hotel and hotwire sucks! I am highly disappointed and will use Hotwire again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple