“Rene is always greetful and helpful .”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #56 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I'm staying at the la Quinta convention center for my oil field job . If I need any recommendations for food Rene always helps me out. He is a good employee to your company . I also am enjoying my stay here and am recommending it to my buddy's for future vacations .

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alannnn

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I are regular members with La Quinta hotels. Upon arriving to this location in the heart of San Antonio Texas their was great service from the moment we pulled up. We normally park in handicap parking and assist ourselves when traveling. Pulling into handicap parking at this property I was greeted by William in valet welcoming us and asking how was our drive in. Then without asking, began to unload our luggage, told us to get relaxed, checked in, and he would be right in behind us with our bags.Wow! We where loving it already. Once in lobby we where greeted by Cecilia at front desk who was very nice and helpful with getting the room we requested.While checking in I notice William giving my wife a bottle of water and maps while waiting. Room was clean with an amazing view and easy access to mall and riverwalk.We will definitely re visit this hotel and add this to our vacation list! Whole staff was very nice...

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Wilson667
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed here for a convention and the location is great. Close to riverwalk and downtown. Can pretty much walk everwhere even to the Alamo. Rooms were roomy and clean, slighlty dated. Beds and sheets super comfortable. Towels a bit rough. The hotel bad called 501 is great. Bartender Svietta is superb in efficient service and really made the bar a fun place to hang out after a long day. All in all, the hotel is superior to regular La Quintas.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Estellewilks
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to say the help with parking my car was wonderful. Willie Polk went out of his way to make sure my car was taken care of! He was very help with giving us directions! he really went above and beyond with great customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Darla L
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my family for vacation. Location is great - walking distance to the Alamo, Riverwalk, and the River City mall/Macy's entrance is right across the street. Beware - just like the other hotels downtown, you will pay to park. They offered us $21 self park or $25 valet - just self park and save the $4 (it is not a far walk). I have never been a big fan of hotels making their guests pay for parking. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They also pimp out their lot for $25 public parking. Nobody offered to help with luggage - not a big deal, but there was nobody around if we did need or want help. After getting settled into our first room, we noticed every 30 seconds the toilet was running- clearly something broken. I called down to the front desk who said they would send someone up. No thanks - just give us a new room, it was late and we didn't want to sit around while they worked on the plumbing. The front desk did apologize and give us a new room, but we had to go back downstairs to get the key - really??? You give us a defective room and can't even run a new key up to us? We had already put on our pajamas. The next morning we were in a rush to get to an event and while everyone showered, I noticed we only had 3 bath towels (4 ppl). I had to call down to the front desk 3 times to have another towel sent up - which NEVER arrived. My husband finally went downstairs to get the towel. Nice.

The rooms were ok - nothing horrible, but nothing great. The AC units are pretty weak, but surviveable. I did not like the fact that the bathroom did not have a vent - if someone was using the shower the entire place fogged up. No lock on the bathroom door either. One of our curtains was broken and you couldn't open it. Also - beware if you are staying on the side that faces Denny's- I woke up to a spotlight beaming into the room at 2 am - you have to really make sure the curtains are closed super tight or the entire place is lit up.

The free breakfast buffet was a nice touch, although they did not have a whole lot of variety in terms of healthy fare - only a couple brown bananas in a basket and the water jug was completely dry and was never refilled, even after I pointed it out. We walked across to the Marriott to purchase coffee from their Starbucks. I think we will just pay a little extra next time and stay there.

Room Tip: Watch out for the rooms facing Denny's - VERY bright lights beaming in at night.
Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Finally home from my month long vacation with my 80 year old mother. This hotel was one of our many stops. Upon arriving I was greeted by the valet mgr Lupe he was very helpful and so patient with my mother and even took our luggage to our room! He went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great. Unfortunately the staff at the front desk wasn't so great as they placed us in a smoking bedroom after I had called to request a non-smoking for my mother. They said nothing could be done and were quite rude about it. Other than that it was a good stay.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
East Side
Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
East Side
Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205-3352 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#68 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#88 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range: $140 - $329 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Convention Center