“Fairly good for price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #58 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed there while on business and it was decent. The location is easily accessible from Interstate and it is across the street from the River Walk. The hotel staff was friendly. My biggest complaint was my AC was not working properly and it took them 3 hours to come look at it. I also had to request clean towels as none were left for me when maid came in to clean. She did however bring me some later and added extra to make up for it. I would recommend this location for those traveling with children and famlies as it is more economical and location is great. The free breakfest was good but make sure to get there early! It goes quickly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Ron T
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I've stayed at other Riverwalk hotels which are nice but a lot more costly. The La Quinta is across the street from the Riverwalk, literally a one minute walk. So, no, your room doesn't look out on the Riverwalk, but a lot of rooms in the Riverwalk-frontage hotels don't have views either. The location is excellent: right across the street from the Macy's access to the Riverwalk. I like that access because there's a food court on the riverwalk right there, which is a big plus with our kiddos and their "I want pizza" moods. Also it's just a very short walk to the Alamo. The pool was clean and well stocked with towels. Nice hot tub, too. The room was comfortable. We had two double beds (I wish they were queen sized).. Breakfast was a surprising plus. They have a big waffle making area with about ten waffle making stations so even during prime time Sunday morning, there was no line for the waffles. And they have a station with mounds of whipped cream and strawberries for the waffles, a happy surprise for my boys. All the other usuals: scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, etc. So when I add up the lower price than the riverwalk hotels, excellent location, nice pool, nice breakfast area, etc, I think this is an excellent value. We'll stay here again.

1  Thank TXStellaGirl
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway and had a great time.. Pool area was very clean as were the rooms and breakfast area (scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to regular breakfast items)... We were able to cross the street and enjoy the River center Mall and Riverwalk without having to drive any where and look for parking... Only recommendation is for bigger towels at pool area...

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Nora P
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, right by the river walk and the Alamo. Nice rooms (the beds were very comfortable if you like firm beds). For the price it's well worth it. Get up early for breakfast-the line is horrible.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wrbarnett
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this particular La Quinta for the ISTE Conference. I reserved a room six months in advance and checked in at 7 AM the day of arrival-- too early for an available room so I had my bags stored until later. That afternoon when checking in, I was told there were only smoking rooms available. I asked the front desk to please check my reservation. I was told matter of factly, the rooms were overbooked by third parties and that's the best they could do. I was informed I would be moved the second day of my stay, which did not happen. The clerk also informed me that the rooms were steam cleaned and that they would not smell of smoke. Upon opening the door to my room, I felt as if a smoke bomb was released. I was sure that my wardrobe absorbed half the smell but no one commented. One thing to note is that there is no lotion or conditioner provided in the hotel rooms. Bring your own. On a good note, the breakfast was good-- better than most continental types and the conference center was within walking distance with a Macy's next door. Overall, disappointed for the amount of money spent on the rooms here. Typical Laquinta. You could stay at the one a few blocks away, save money, and park for $9.00 next door to the Convention Center.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jadocz
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The location is great location and the chain's pet friendly policy is convenient since we had our little dog with us.

Unfortunately, the front desk was unable to answer several easy questions about local restaurants, something which is essential in a well run inn. They were often understaffed for a facility of its size. Many times people wishing to make purchases at their small store left in frustration or waited too long to be served.

Our room was comfortable and clean and all services associated with it worked well. The breakfast choices were delicious and plentiful.

I was very disappointed that the hot tub/spa was not working.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
East Side
Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
East Side
Hotel Indigo San Antonio Riverwalk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205-3352 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#68 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#88 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range: $142 - $329 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Convention Center