La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #56 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
“Decent”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Average price for location. Average rooms. Problem with ac both times i stayed here, they responded fast. They disconnect wall thermostat and it works fine, i think hotel controls temp in rooms unless you complain. They do allow pets which i am against and someone complained about barking but luckily we were not near that room. Over all, it is worth the stay concerning price and location across street from RiverCenter and next to Dennys.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edinburg, Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Close to everything downtown. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Clean and quiet.

Since this hotel is downtown there is a fee for parking which is a little high, but for only a little more, you can choose Vale parking which places your car very close to the hotel and is safer for your car.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BVMonroe
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place wins the title of my worst hotel experience ever. I booked and paid for a non-smoking room. They put me in a smoking room which smelled absolutely disgusting. I went back to the front desk and they said the only thing they had left was smoking because there was a conference. They had me check a different room, which was equally as bad. Back in the lobby I got on my computer and got on Expedia. I did a search for 8 non-smoking rooms (the maximum on Expedia) and La Quinta showed availability. I showed that to the lady at the front desk. She said they couldn't put me in one of those rooms. I told her I was going to sleep on the couch in the lobby rather than staying in the smoking room. Finally she agreed to charge me an additional $20 on top of my already pre-paid room to put me in the non-smoking room. Just an awful experience.

Room Tip: If you're on a tight budget, try the Red Roof Inn just across the highway. It's a very nic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Kevin P
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I made a reservation 6 months prior to my stay and requested a smoke free room. When I arrived at the La Quinta Rivercenter I was given the keys to smoking room and walked in to find two men trying to spray perfume to block the smell. I asked for a different room and when one was not available a refund. I booked through a third party so I had to sit on the phone for about 45 minutes. Finally got a refund, and when I called the hotel to speak with a manager I was put on hold that was never picked up again. I understand leasing all of the rooms out and only having smoking rooms left, but there were plenty of rooms when I first made my reservation and asked for a non smoking room. Also, how hard is it to pick up a phone prior to check in to let me know that the room that my pregnant wife and I will be staying in will smell like an ashtray? At least this way we could have made other reservations. Of course there were no more rooms left in the area after this so I ended up having to sleep on a friends floor. I will never make a reservation at this location or any other La Quinta again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Jeff O
laredo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The best thing I can say about the hotel is the location! We arrived at 2:30 Sat, check in is at 3, so I was told room would be ready in 15-20 minutes. No problem. Well after several calls to the hotel and 3 hours later still no room!! I was forced to get 2 cheerleaders ready in lobby bathroom!!! There was others in the lobby all upset. I never got a call, like I was promised that room was ready. Finally at 5:40 and after I went again to ask did a very unhappy lady give me a room. As if I was asking for something uncalled for. The staff started saying check in is anytime after 3. So what 6 o'clock 8 o'clock? This did not make the situation any better plus they were very unsympathetic to the situation. Teams travel from all over and now deal with no room? The valet parking is a joke, I self parked. Sunday morning we go to eat breakfast at 9:40 a lady was removing everything and was telling people it's over because if not people will take all day! She hovered over me and as soon as I got my waffle off iron she already turning it off. Also Sun rooms were being cleaned at 10 am, where was she Sat? They should of had enough staff on hand to have rooms available at 3 check in time. They knew National was in SA. Won't be back

Room Tip: Outside our window overlooking Denny's was a super bright light pointing right at the window loo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

East Side
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk-Downtown
Menger Hotel
#24 of 358 in San Antonio

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Property: La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205-3352 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#76 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#88 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn And Suites San Antonio Convention Center