La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
$150
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotels.com
$240
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
Travelocity
$140
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconvention centerwafflesthe river walkrivercenter mallfree breakfastself parkwithin walking distancethe breakfast areaice machinevalet parkinghot tubnice pooltwo blockseasy accesswould definitely stay here againvalet servicebeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
A La Quinta traveler
Cotulla, Texas, USA
Reviewed February 2, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This review would be a bit more positive, but for the following; We stayed at the La Quinta on a group rate for an event we were attending at the nearby San Antonio Convention Center, and parked in the hotel's 'self-park' lot. After we checked out my wife discovered that not only had they charged us a different rate than what the booking stated (we were told it was their 'best available rate'), they also charged us both the 'self-park' charge AND the valet park charge, even though we never valet parked while we were there. Fortunately, we were able to eventually get the charges removed. I don't know whether this is part of a systematic campaign of overcharging customers, but it is totally unacceptable. We spoke to other people in our group who were also overcharged, so be very careful to check your bill if you stay here.

Aside from the hotel's attempt to rip us off, I would best describe the hotel as serviceable. Nothing particularly memorable about the physical facilities. Breakfast buffet was the lowest-common-denominator variety. There was some trash (candy wrappers and such) in the hall of the floor we were staying on, even after the cleaning crew had finished cleaning the rooms. On the bright side, the mattresses were pretty comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Travel_2_Texas
A TripAdvisor Member
Lorena, Texas, USA
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel was close to the river walk and the downtown mall. Our room was clean
and so was the bathroom. We booked at the last minute and got a better rate than
booking a couple of weeks in advance. The breakfast bar was always stocked with
food and drinks during the breakfast hour. Would recommend this hotel for its value
compared to hotels on the riverwalk which are a lot higher priced.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we have stayed at this location many, many times...each time for 2 nights as there is so much
to see and do. the breakfast is one of the best we have every had at any hotel.
The RiverWalk is directly across the street with a full choice of restaurants and the trip
down the river is amazing, something everyone should do. shopping is an added plus
and they are pet friendly.
fran

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms in my opinion
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank balymena
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I came with our daughter and son-in-law and their 2-year old and infant to see the UT/Oregon State game. The Alamodome is literally blocks away and a great location for my handicapped husband who could be pushed in his wheelchair to the stadium.

Our handicap accessible room was ready at 3:00 check-in, but after waiting more than an hour for the second room, I asked at the desk about the progress. The suite on our floor for our kids and grandkids had not yet been cleaned, so we took a suite for them on a different floor. I asked if the room could be pro-rated and was told that the manager would call me. I never heard from him/her.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but I found a number of other problems. The remote for the TV didn't work, so we couldn't watch our television. Our handicapped room had a handheld shower sprayer with water able to come through half of the spigots. When I walked to the kids'/grandkids' suite, an unpleasant sewer-like smell permeated the entire floor. At one point during our 20-hour visit, a water fountain on the lobby level did not work. The hot breakfast was very good, but took a long time to get due to the crowd in the lobby. There was not enough seating for all of the guests.

The staff was very pleasant. Being there such a short time, however, I did not report the annoyances, but would have had the manager called me as promised.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family