“wonderful hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #54 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we have stayed at this location many, many times...each time for 2 nights as there is so much
to see and do. the breakfast is one of the best we have every had at any hotel.
The RiverWalk is directly across the street with a full choice of restaurants and the trip
down the river is amazing, something everyone should do. shopping is an added plus
and they are pet friendly.
fran

Room Tip: there are no bad rooms in my opinion
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank balymena

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I came with our daughter and son-in-law and their 2-year old and infant to see the UT/Oregon State game. The Alamodome is literally blocks away and a great location for my handicapped husband who could be pushed in his wheelchair to the stadium.

Our handicap accessible room was ready at 3:00 check-in, but after waiting more than an hour for the second room, I asked at the desk about the progress. The suite on our floor for our kids and grandkids had not yet been cleaned, so we took a suite for them on a different floor. I asked if the room could be pro-rated and was told that the manager would call me. I never heard from him/her.

The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but I found a number of other problems. The remote for the TV didn't work, so we couldn't watch our television. Our handicapped room had a handheld shower sprayer with water able to come through half of the spigots. When I walked to the kids'/grandkids' suite, an unpleasant sewer-like smell permeated the entire floor. At one point during our 20-hour visit, a water fountain on the lobby level did not work. The hot breakfast was very good, but took a long time to get due to the crowd in the lobby. There was not enough seating for all of the guests.

The staff was very pleasant. Being there such a short time, however, I did not report the annoyances, but would have had the manager called me as promised.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mrubin4
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I stay frequently at La Quinta with my dogs. This one is a great choice due to the location - it is next to shopping and walking distance from the Riverwalk which makes it worth it in my opinion. Oh, and I allways love La Quinta beds for a good nights sleep - this was no exception. The negatives were that though these hotels are usually really good with dog areas - this one was not. There was about a 5X8 patch of mulch outside the front doors they said was the dog "area." Also, I do not think you should charge guests staying at your hotel $20 to park in your lot. Yes, you are close to the Riverwalk -- that is why we stayed. Charge non-guests but a $20 fee in addition to the hotel cost is ridiculous.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if you want to visit San Antonio and the Riverwalk.

Food was ok but a free full hot breakfast was much better than other hotels.

Bed and linens were clean and bathroom was immaculate.

Best sleep ever.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Sean D
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a wonderful weekend at the La Quinta Convention Center Hotel - celebrating my partners birthday. We stayed in room 1124 - a fabulous corner one-bedroom suite with views of downtown and the Tower of the America and all of the city lights. The room was incredibly large, very clean and comfortable - the bed was excellent!

The staff from valet attendants to front desk to housekeeping couldn't have been more accomodating - we recommend staying here when visiting - we live in San Antonio and do this birthday weekend every year - this is our first time at the La Quinta, but certainly not our last.

Thanks to Lisa Garcia, Director of Convention Services for making our reservation and assuring a wonderful stay!

Scott & Chuck

Room Tip: Excellent location to riverwalk and shopping - we suggest a one-bedroom corner king suite - well wor...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scooterchuck
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The company that is contracted by La Quinta was terrible. The gentlemen that was valet attendant was rude, and attempted to fight me. He also told my wife things that are inappropriate to post here. The manager of the hotel and the valet company did absolutely nothing to fix the problem, after speaking with both of them they assured me the problem was handled. Going through the main entrance after speaking with both managers they assured me that it wouldn't happen again, they lied. The valet attendant tried to pick a fight with me the second time and threatened me. We had to change our hotel do to not trusting the employees nor the Managment. I believe that all this started do to the military sticker I had on my car, it seemed to upset the valet. I will never again stay at this hotel nor any La Quinta in for that matter.

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Jdrosado79
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I tried this hotel due to its convenient location close to Riverwalk and the Hemisfair Park. A good hotel overall. The only thing I would have preferred is more parking options, other than valet.

If you are going to run a future San Antonio Maraton... Great choice as everything is really close by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
#18 of 358 in San Antonio
East Side
Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

Address: 303 Blum St, San Antonio, TX 78205-3352 (Formerly La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Convention Cntr)
Location: United States > Texas > San Antonio
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#30 Romantic Hotel in San Antonio
#76 Family Hotel in San Antonio
#88 Business Hotel in San Antonio
Price Range: $137 - $255 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Hotel San Antonio