“Riverwalk hotel without the river walk price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #59 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Riverwalk hotel without the river walk price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay if you want to visit San Antonio and the Riverwalk.

Food was ok but a free full hot breakfast was much better than other hotels.

Bed and linens were clean and bathroom was immaculate.

Best sleep ever.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Sean D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a wonderful weekend at the La Quinta Convention Center Hotel - celebrating my partners birthday. We stayed in room 1124 - a fabulous corner one-bedroom suite with views of downtown and the Tower of the America and all of the city lights. The room was incredibly large, very clean and comfortable - the bed was excellent!

The staff from valet attendants to front desk to housekeeping couldn't have been more accomodating - we recommend staying here when visiting - we live in San Antonio and do this birthday weekend every year - this is our first time at the La Quinta, but certainly not our last.

Thanks to Lisa Garcia, Director of Convention Services for making our reservation and assuring a wonderful stay!

Scott & Chuck

Room Tip: Excellent location to riverwalk and shopping - we suggest a one-bedroom corner king suite - well wor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooterchuck
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The company that is contracted by La Quinta was terrible. The gentlemen that was valet attendant was rude, and attempted to fight me. He also told my wife things that are inappropriate to post here. The manager of the hotel and the valet company did absolutely nothing to fix the problem, after speaking with both of them they assured me the problem was handled. Going through the main entrance after speaking with both managers they assured me that it wouldn't happen again, they lied. The valet attendant tried to pick a fight with me the second time and threatened me. We had to change our hotel do to not trusting the employees nor the Managment. I believe that all this started do to the military sticker I had on my car, it seemed to upset the valet. I will never again stay at this hotel nor any La Quinta in for that matter.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Jdrosado79
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I tried this hotel due to its convenient location close to Riverwalk and the Hemisfair Park. A good hotel overall. The only thing I would have preferred is more parking options, other than valet.

If you are going to run a future San Antonio Maraton... Great choice as everything is really close by.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Raul C
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ok, so we have stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the world (see my other reviews); we stayed at the La Quinta (first time ever at a La Quinta) last weekend for my wife to run the San Antonio Half Marathon. We arrived on Friday evening around 7pm and left on Sunday morning. Upon arrival, Veronica checked me in promptly. I asked for a high floor, non-smoking, which she happily granted. In addition, I asked if she had a spare iPhone charger in the lost & found - she came right out with one! Very nice!

I took advantage of the 501 bar on Saturday evening prior to our evening. I enjoyed a beer at the bar while watching the LSU football game. The bartenders were pleasant, prompt, and friendly. The beer was cold and delicious. Honestly, the bar looked a notch higher and could easily have been in a more upscale property.

The rooms were above average complete with flat screen TV, coffee maker, ironing board, and a clean bathroom. Only complaint was a little difficulty we had in opening the hotel room door; the maintenance guy promptly came to help us and explained they were in the process of replacing all of the door handles. No big deal once we figured out how to work the handle!

Breakfast was free and great - eggs, sausage, waffles, coffee, juice.. paper plates and cups, but it was fine!

Location of this property is excellent - walking distance to the river walk, Macys next door, convention center across the street, Alamo around the corner - what else do you want in SA?

Keep up the good work, La Quinta. Thanks for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JBizzle76
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent but as a professional traveler I rely heavily upon my access to the Internet and especially e-Mail. There was absolutely no internet connectivity in my room either wired or wireless and the front desk was without any explanation except to state that if I wanted to come down to the business center in my they felt certain I would be able to access the Internet from that room. Really! Are You Kidding Me? At 11PM you want me to go to the first floor in my pajamas? I'll never stay here again! This hotel gets a 3-out-of-5 because every other hotel feature except Internet is very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a full refund if you are unable to connect to the Internet from your room. The heck with the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bridgeport, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

As a motorcoach operator, I see lots of hotels and motels on tour and charter trips. My experience here was a good one. The hotel is very nice, the staff was very nice, and they have a nice and good buffet breakfast. The rooms though not spectacular, were well appointed, comfortable and clean. I would stay again. Only down side was the little inhouse market was way overpriced! Overall nice stay.

• Stayed November 2012