“Great Location”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #23 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I live in Austin and this was my first time in San Antonio. The property is older, but is well maintained and clean. Hotel staff I had contact with were genuinely friendly & service orientated. My 6th floor room was spacious and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel's proximity to the River Walk and the Alamo made it a breeze to walk to nearby tourist sights and restaurants.

I enjoyed relaxing in the bar, and breakfasting in the restaurant - the huevos rancheros dish was excellent.

I did have one problem though, I chose to stay in one night, do room service and watch a movie, room service was prompt and the order was correct. Unfortunately the Lodgenet video quality was extremely poor. I mentioned this to the young lady from room service, she promptly called someone and an engineer was supposed to come to my room - they never did. Oh well, one poor experience and $16.99...

I do plan to return to San Antonio and will be staying again at the Omni La Mansion del Rio - I just won't do the in-room movie.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,026)

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I don't know why you'd stay anywhere else if you want to be in town! The service here is absolutely top-notch. The building is beautiful and historic, and backs up onto the Riverwalk, near the boat landing for the scenic river tours. Just a couple minutes' walk to the Alamo as well. The parking garage at the hotel is out of control - valet ONLY for $35/night, but the self-parking facility across the street is $9/night and the hotel staff is perfectly happy to tell you so. My only caveat - I've stayed here twice, and I'm 0 for 2 with the concierge's restaurant recommendations. Both times, their suggestions were flops. You're better off checking out Yelp or similar.

Room Tip: The view of the Riverwalk is lovely, but it will be noisy! If you prefer a quieter room, ask for a v...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We came into town to see "Ghost the Musical" at the Majestic Theatre. Rested a bit in room before going to River Walk for Supper. back to room for a bit prior to show. Walked acrodd to theatre 10 minutes before start. At end of show exited on College Street side of theartre and 30 feet to hotel - Safe, Quick, Great night sleep. Wonderful mini-getaway!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Well the room was excellent, bed wonderful, veiw was wonderful! My only complaint is the Thanksgiving "deal", we booked to have a $69 buffet but when we arrived it was nothing more than a plate from "cracker barrel" not really but the same to me! We complained and the site manager was supposed to refund us some money but she didnt! Just beware of their "deals" and the hotel has hired another company to do all online booking. So the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing! And one other note the River Parade is horrible!!! But I will stay at the hotel again and not do any if their deals! Their in room breakfasts are really good!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very nice place, and a very solid 4 stars.The location is more 10 star. The staff were great; they answered all of our questions with a smile. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Our room was on the street side. There was a good bit of noise, but it did not bother us or our 10yr old son. He actually enjoyed the noise and vibrancy of the city!

Room Tip: Street side can be loud
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food was good, the location was great. The only bad thing to say is they did not have enough rooms with one bed. I booked early and had to settle for a double room. Other than that good hotel. I didn't sleep well because the bed was too soft. That's not the hotels fault, that is my backs fault.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I just returned home from a 3-night stay, and I must say our experience was fantastic. The beautiful River Walk is literally right outside the hotel door. You are within an easy walk of countless eateries, most of which offer outdoor dining; the Rivercenter Mall; The Alamo; and much, much more! This was our first visit to San Antonio, and I would go again in a heartbeat. Everywhere we went, we were greeted by super-friendly local folks asking us if we were enjoying our stay in the city and suggesting places to see.

Our room in Omni La Mansion was very clean and quite comfortable. All of the staff we came in contact with were very friendly and eager to please. Our housekeeper was an absolute jewel and very professional too. I can't think of anything negative to say. You will not be disappointed with a stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple