“Perfection”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #23 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 7, 2013

You will not find a more relaxing, enjoyable hotel than La Mansion right on the Riverwalk.
The staff is tops and is trained to anticipate your every whim . Especially outstanding
are the people who take care of the rooms. They are just fabulous. The rooms themselves
are quiet and well appointed with beautiful linens, paintings, views.

Room Tip: The room over the pool was especially quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff and comfort of our rooms added to the enjoyment of your stay. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,024)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have really enjoyed staying in this hotel for many reasons. We loved our room because it was airy and spacious with a great balcony on the prettiest section of Riverwalk. The hotel building is historic and our room is not typical of most cookie cutter hotel rooms which we both enjoyed. The location is ideal.

The staff were wonderful. They sent chicken soup to our room because they heard my husband was not feeling well.

Both Jorge on the front desk and Philip on the concierge desk were extremely helpful and gracious.....a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms on the Riverwalk with private balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilga_11
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stay at Omni hotels at least three times a month and this is definitely not one of their better properties. Great location and super friendly staff but the hotel is outdated and in need of serious renovations to both the guest rooms and the common areas if its going to label itself a luxury hotel. By the way, if you get a room facing Navarro Street, bring earplugs if you want to sleep. The traffic noise as its going over the river walk bridge will easily keep you up most of the night. Finally, no exercise facilities. You have to walk over to its "sister hotel" and use their equipment. Next time I'll just stay at the sister hotel, the Mokara Hotel and Spa.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked a last minute trip and my top choice was not available so I stayed at the hotel. The rooms are a good size but outdated and did not look clean. It was even worse when I walked into the bathroom and found trash on the floor.
Also in the bathroom the water pressure is almost nonexistent. Not a luxury baathroom at all.
My room had access to a balcony but the hallway outside gave access to the same balcony so my curtains had to be permanently closed in case someone decided to go outside and walk past my glass doors.
The headboards are detached from the bed and screwed to the wall but in mine the screws came off the wall so every time I moved the headboard would bang the wall, which probably drove the room next door crazy.
I ordered roomservice and the food arrived without the sauce it was supposed to have. When it arrived it was too salty to eat (and the food was cold by then).The fries were so soggy I was able to fold them in half without breaking them.
I ordered dessert from their menu only to be told they no longer offered my selection although the lady that answered was incredibly nice and came up with a delicious substitution.
I don't feel that for the price I paid for a luxury hotel I should be charged extra for wifi. If you need to use the business center you will also be charged an additional fee to use the internet.
Although it is only six floors, waiting for the elevator took forever and many people just gave up and decided to use the stairs.
There were 2 flies in my room the first night which made it feel more old and dingy.
The location is great and the staff is amazingly courteous but that just did not make up for all the other disappointments. It did not feel like a luxury hotel and given a choice I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your stay at our property was not enjoyable. We would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your stay and have the opportunity to see you again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We spent our first Christmas together here. It is a lovely old hotel. My only complaint was that the rooms were tiny. Other than that the access to the river walk was steps away, lots of great eating nearby and the staff was polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that San Antonio weather is still very cool in the evenings, pack accordingly even thou...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Right on the riverwalk a lovely hotel. The staff are clearly committed to keeping the place up and it shows. Clean and well-kept; solicitous staff. There is no exercise room in the hotel itself and that's usually a big negative for me but it was very convenient (and actually kinda nice first thing in the morning) to walk over the little bridge just a few feet to the Mokara right across the river and use their room which has an agreement with the hotel.
La Mansion gave us a wonderful experience. The upgraded rooms with the view are worth it if you can afford.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms on the Riverwalk are worth the extra $,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here afew nights with my family last July for my brothers wedding. I work the front desk of a 5 star hotel in Washington State and this place blew me out of the water. We arrived late one night and in our room was a card greeting us with all the staffs signatures and a gift. The rooms were spacious and beautiful, and the inside of the hotel makes you feel like a rich gentleman staying at a friends mansion. The pool is located outside of the hotel right in the middle. My only reccomendation would be the pool hours to be extended past 10:00PM. The hotel is located right on the river! Next time i go back i will be booking here! Thank you for the great stay and friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We welcome feedback no matter how long it has been since you stayed with us. We are delighted to hear your experience was so outstanding and that our staff provided so many extra touches to make your stay so memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your return to San Antonio!