“Consistent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #22 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Consistent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Omni La Mansion on several occasions and they consistently meet our expectations from cleanliness to service to location. We highly recommend this hotel when you're visiting San Antonio. You can find some great deals through Visitsanantonio.com

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property and for making us your preferred hotel in San Antonio. We are glad to hear your most recent stay was so enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is right on the Riverwalk. It's a short walk to the great restaurants on and off the Riverwalk. I really liked the architecture of the hotel and the history. Just a overall cool hotel.
The rooms were comfortable and classy. I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BigBear1977
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We appreciate you taking a moment to review our property and we hope to see you again very soon!
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My only negative about this hotel was that there was no self parking and only valet. But there is a public parking lot for $9 a day across the street which quickly made it not a factor. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It was on the firmer side which I like a lot. I didn't really spend too much time in the room during the day but at night, I didn't hear much street noise. I felt the room was far enough away from the clubs and bars I didn't have to deal with the after hours crowds. But the hotel is definitely close enough to just walk to any of the many dining choices. The restaurant in the hotel is excellent with outside seating right on the riverwalk which makes for a lovely evening. Staff was friendly and courteous. If I were to find myself in San Antonio I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are very glad to hear that you found the staff to be so friendly and courteous, our restaurant to be so enjoyable and your stay overall so amazing. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel again very soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have many praises for our stay at La Mansion, where we received exceptional service in a historic hotel with wonderful Spanish Architecture. We arrived to find that they upgraded us to a river view room (we are Select Guest, but lowest level). Water and cookie waiting in the room and turn down service completed (we arrived late). There is in-room coffee, but as a Select Guest we appreciate getting the complimentary carafe of Starbucks coffee delivered to the room at our specified time each morning (you can choose your choice of beverage, including juice, tea, etc.). They also sent a few apples with the coffee each morning - wonderful, unexpected touch! The service from all staff at this hotel was superior including concierge, valet and housekeeping. They obviously hire and train very, very well. You could not pass a staff member without a friendly "hello" or offer to help somehow. The room had nice amenities, but if there was one area that could use improvement it would be the bed sheets. The hotel restaurant Las Canarias provided several exceptional dining experiences. The breakfast buffet ($17) had made to order omelets (with Chorizo as an option - yum!) juices and hot beverages, pastries and homemade breads to choose from (we especially loved the homemade english muffins with an array of jams to choose from), meats, fruit, etc. Dinner/dessert was also exceptional. The cheese plate is fun as an appetizer or dessert (you get to choose which ones you want) and includes olives, figs & fruit). In addition to exceptional food the service was Perfect and so very friendly! Las Canarias truly deserves the current #2 (out of 1600) Trip Advisor restaurant rating in San Antonio. . . the service from Maria for breakfast and Ullyses (Uly) & Martha for dinner/dessert was some of the best we have had at any restaurant. Unlike another reviewer who felt their food got cold by the time they had to walk to their table, we preferred sitting outside (with warm heater, if desired) to enjoy the San Antonio Riverwalk experience. If hot food is more important to you, then I'd suggest asking for a table next to the buffet table. Our several dining experiences were true highlights of our San Antonio visit. We will definitely be staying at the Omni La Mansion again, but our next visit will incorporate a few things we didn't find out about until later in our stay - we will make time to enjoy the beautiful Makara Hotel and Spa, the sister hotel (across the bridge on the other side of the river). There is evidently a roof top pool with a view which you can access with your Omni room key. We wanted to enjoy a fireplace one night, but didn't find one - and we saw two options our last day: one in the Omni bar area and the other at the Makara Hotel lobby. Finally, we would rent a car next time. Although the Riverwalk, Alamo, a few churches and a few good dining options are within walking distance, we would have enjoyed driving to all four missions (we taxi'd to one this trip), going to a few museums and enjoying some other recommended restaurants not within walking distance. Overall, an excellent stay.

Room Tip: River View rooms with balcony are a fun way to enjoy the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BirdieTraveler
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and providing us with your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that so many aspects of your stay were so enjoyable and that the level of service you received was especially memorable. We appreciate your feedback of the dining experience at Las Canarias as well and we will ensure your positive comments for Maria, Ulysses, and Martha is passed along to them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel or our sister property Mokara very soon.
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at this property. From the moment we pulled into the valet parking area, we were treated as the most important guests in the hotel! They took our bags, valet parked our truck and delivered our bags to our room, all seamlessly and without any issues. (valet parking is expensive and you can park across the street for $9 if you want). Check in was quick and effecient. Our room was cozy and very nice. Yes, small, but why do we need a huge room....we had plenty of room for our stay and the king size bed was comfy and the linens were crisp and wonderful. I am a loyalty member, so we had free wi fi and morning beverages brought by room service in addition to nightly turn down service. The turn down service comes with a delightful surprise---no chocolates in this hotel---it made me laugh with delight when we returned to our room. We had a shared terrace that overlooked the pool courtyard which was beautiful and peaceful(and quiet). A riverwalk view would be nice, but it would also be LOUD....we enjoyed the peace of the courtyard. We also were awoken at 9am by the beautiful bells of St. Mary's calling all to Mass on Sunday morning....wonderful. Check out was easy and our truck was delivered quickly from the valet. All and all, it was a wonderful weekend and I look forward to staying at this hotel again. If you like ambiance and staying in a hotel that is not a 'cookie cutter', then you will love this property. And you can walk right onto the Riverwalk from this hotel, so very convient.

Room Tip: Courtyard view is quiet and peaceful. Riverwalk view and any of the rooms facing the streets will b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rjsmoms
Thank you for taking a moment to submit your review. The Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel is anything but "cookie cutter" and we are glad to hear that you were able to appreciate many of the aspects that make our hotel so unique and enjoyable.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

La Mansion is a comfortable luxury hotel right on San Antonio's busy, colorful Riverwalk -- you can almost jump into the tour boats. Our large room with balcony was very quiet at night despite the proximity of the Riverwalk. Especially liked the double sinks, which so many hotels lack, even upscale ones. Friendly staff -- excellent at the Valet Parking -- even though we did not use it. (There's a self-park garage across the street.) Really no complaints about La Mansion, other than that the decor could use more color and pizzazz.

Room Tip: I'd sure ask for a room on the Riverwalk side. Most, perhaps all, have balconies.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are glad you found comfort and luxury at the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel and we do hope to see you again very soon.
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in January 2013 while I was in town for a class for work. I was concerned about how it would be based on the price I was paying. However, this turned out to be a fantastic place to stay. Every staff member I dealt with was extremely helpful, beginning with the bellman who assisted me with bringing my luggage to the room. He offered to have a fridge and microwave delivered since I would be staying several nights. They arrived moments later. My room was beautiful, and I enjoyed the turn-down service and special touch of placing "worry dolls" on the bed. The weather was a bit too chilly to use the outdoor pool, but it looked very nice. The fitness center is located in a neighboring hotel just across the river, which at first I thought was a bit inconvenient...but when I saw it I realized it is well worth the very short walk. It was beautiful, clean, and had great equipment. The nicest hotel fitness center I've ever used. The hotel's location right on the riverwalk was great.
I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel...I had a fantastic stay and was a great value for the price I paid. They definitely exceeded my expectations. The only tip I would give travelers is if you have a vehicle, unless you will be going in and out multiple times per day do not use the valet parking. At $35 per day I felt it very expensive. There is a city ramp directly across the street for $9 per night. I used this ramp all week and it worked out great.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I ever find myself in San Antonio again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathleen M
We are delighted to receive your feedback and that your stay was so fantastic. We do hope to see you at the Omni La Mansion del Rio again upon your return to San Antonio.