“Convenient...Classy...Not Cheap :)”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #24 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is my second stay at the Omni and once again I'm impressed. The rooms are really spacious. The beds are one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The only thing I don't like is that the beds are short sheeted. The staff is really courteous and attentive...even the valets. As I said in the title, it's not cheap...but if you have the extra funds, it's worth the stay. I would suggest using a package deal in order to get more bang for your buck.

Room Tip: They offer Riverwalk view...if you are light sleeper, ask for another room as there are bands that p...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mykewll
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review...We're very happy to hear the staff was courteous and attentive during your stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,094)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Came back to San Antonio for a wedding. Stayed at Omni again, this time for a wedding. Our four day stay was unexpectedly extended two days because of Hurricane Sandy. The hotel staff was so accomodating. Each day they willingly extended our reservation with no problem, and at the lesser expensive wedding rate. Absolutely this the perfect place to be "marooned" during an eastern hurricane.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I've stayed at Omnis around the country (it's a preferred chain for my company), and this one is by far my favorite! The location is ideal - walking distance to the Riverwalk and the required San Antonio sights (Alamo, etc.) but a couple blocks off the river so it's peaceful and not too noisy. The service is spectacular. On my second night, I returned from dinner to find my bed turned down and a little basket of worry dolls on my pillow. Register for the Omni Select Guest program right away - there's no fee and membership gets you free in-room internet access and a complimentary beverage delivered to your room each morning.

Room Tip: Ask about proximity to the pool, which is in a central courtyard. I had a room overlooking the pool...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The front desk staff was great and we were able to get into our room. The rooms are quaint (small) but ok - not the nicest you will stay in but many of the Omni's have that old world charm. The not so good part of the visit is that we waited 2 hours for our food to be served in the bar. We ordered appetizers - it was sad to watch this unfold. Overall, it was a good stay but I do not know that I would go back. One other note, the elevator is the slowest. If you are someone who does not care for slow elevators - do not stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mardi G
John W, General Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As a historic property whose history is rooted in St. Mary's Catholic School, our building features many different room types, sizes and views. We also have seven elevators located around the campus layout of the building. While they are not the highest of high speed elevators, the building is only six stories, so elevator wait times are not usually an issue. As for the bar service, I will personally share your comments with our team. Two hours for food in the bar is not our standard, and something we will definitely address.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future and show we are capable of far better.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once checked in, we arrived to a room much larger than expected (with a balcony). The service was exceptional during the entire time of our stay. Also, the restaurant downstairs was delicious for dinner and breakfast the next day!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roxanadalila
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Needed a room after my husband had surgery in San Antonio, the Omni was right across the street from the hospital and was the perfect refuge. Even though my stay was short, everything was perfect for a good night's rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for letting us be your "port in the storm". We hope the surgery went well and your husband is well on his way to a full recovery.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Loved the rooms and location of this hotel. Probably the most comfortable bed and pillows you will find anywhere! My wife and I both noticed that the first night. Right on river walk with many restaurants to choose from - Joe's Crab Shack, Rainforest Cafe, Lone Star Steakhouse, and lots of others. Walking distance to the conference center. Very accommodating staff too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business