“A Port in a Storm!”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #21 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Needed a room after my husband had surgery in San Antonio, the Omni was right across the street from the hospital and was the perfect refuge. Even though my stay was short, everything was perfect for a good night's rest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
John W, General Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for letting us be your "port in the storm". We hope the surgery went well and your husband is well on his way to a full recovery.

There are newer reviews for Omni La Mansion del Rio

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Loved the rooms and location of this hotel. Probably the most comfortable bed and pillows you will find anywhere! My wife and I both noticed that the first night. Right on river walk with many restaurants to choose from - Joe's Crab Shack, Rainforest Cafe, Lone Star Steakhouse, and lots of others. Walking distance to the conference center. Very accommodating staff too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ATL-RES-2012
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently had a (5) night stay at this hotel for a conference. I arrived on a Sunday and was greeted by a very nice front desk clerk. He gave me a room overlooking the River Front on the third floor. Upon entering the room I discovered the room was a bit on the small side, but quaint. There was a balcony overlooking the River Front, but it was a shared balcony with other rooms. I had to make sure the door and shades were always closed

The bed was very comfortable, and I slept very well all nights. When using the sink in the bathroom the water backed up and would not drain properly. Within 10 minutes, a maintenance person arrived to fix the problem, and he was very courteous. The conference facilities were good and the staff always attentative to everyones needs and requests.

The River Front was nice with a good array of restaurants, and shops. Its a nice walk in the morning and evenings. The food was "just ok." I have had better Mexican food this was not so good. The restaurant in the hotel was very good but pricey, along with the food served at the conference.

I would return to the hotel should I travel to the San Antonio area in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Mansion del Rio. The decor in the common areas perfectly reflects the uniqueness of San Antonio as does the evening turndown service.The concierges , bell staff , wait staff, maintenance and front desk personnel were uniformly helpful. This is a very well run hotel. When we called for a maintenance issue late on a Saturday night it was resolved efficiently and within minutes. We had a room with a shared balcony (which was not a problem at all) overlooking the Riverwalk which was the ideal spot from which to view "Coffins on Parade". The food in Las Canarias was excellent and the bar tenders in the bar were very accommodating of special requests as well. The hotel is very convenietly situated and many attractions are just minutes away on foot. Our room was a bit on the small side.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Omni La Mansion del Rio is a beautiful hotel with an exceptional staff. The rooms were very clean and the service was top notch. The hotel is centrally located on the river walk and convenient to many great restaurants and attractions. You can't go wrong. The reason I rated this property 4/5 was due to the fact that the room I had faced the parking garage and street, opposite of the river walk, and was very loud throughout the night. You could hear car alarms and horns (3-4 am 2 nights) and there was a steady hum coming from the wall nearest the ice machine, and it wasn't the a/c unit. Bottom line, make sure not to have a room street side and near the ice machine and you'll probably have a fantastic stay!!

Room Tip: Rooms near the River Walk should be much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank hanovertodisney
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just enjoyed our first stay at this wonderful hotel last week. We spent three nights in a Deluxe Room with King Bed, with balcony overlooking the Riverwalk. I had read in some other reviews some negative remarks from other travels prior to our arrival, so I was a bit nervous. My husband and I literally spent our trip chuckling over the things that people had said versus what we actually encountered when we got there. I can't imagine how anyone could find anything bad to say about this place or the wonderful staff, except that I know there are just people who can't be happy ANYWHERE. The decor of the facility and the rooms is perfect for the location. Charming, charming, charming! Not to mention totally comfortable and extremely well appointed. One negative I'd read was that some people didn't like that many of the Riverview balconies were shared with neighbors. Ours was, and it didn't bother us in the least. The balconies are very long, spanning three sets of french doors with room in between each, in our case, so it's far from like being side by side with strangers. In fact, only one morning did we end up on the balcony at the same time as neighbors, and without the desire to socialize at that time, simply angling the chairs toward our french doors rather than theirs was all it took to forget they were even there. We have stayed in Oceanfront hotels, etc., with only a railing separating us from neighbors, and other than maybe mentally for some, this set up was of no difference. We have stayed in many 5-star resorts, and as such, go in expecting a 5-star experience. This hotel did not disappoint in a single way, and in fact ended up exceeding our expectations through little touches like random call from the concierge on our second full day just making sure we were happy. Every memory we made here is a fond one, and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: River view is wonderful! Always something to look at, and noise was never an issue for us.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ffamilyof4
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this wonderful hotel on the river in the past and have always enjoyed it. This visit was a birthday celebration and we wanted to include our 2 small dogs. There is a pet deposit of $50.00 which is totally reasonable. We had a great room, although not real large, on the first floor facing the river. After we unpacked, my group met by the pool. It was so nice to hear the church bells nearby while relaxing poolside. I was so surprised when a waiter (Patrick) came up to me with a small but marvelous chocolate birthday cake! He was also kind enough to supply extra forks for our group so we could all have a bite! The service is perfect. I later received a birthday card that was placed under our door. A great place for special occasions!!
We also love the easy entrance onto the river walk. They also have an amazing Sunday brunch that I have had before. Stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2012