“Loved the location - good service”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #24 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed April 5, 2011

After booking the hotel weeks before, I came to this site and looked at the reviews. I was somewhat leery about it, after I had read some of the comments.

I contacted the Omni website about my concerns & immediately received a reply promising that we would be happy and not to worry.

When we checked in, there were 4 complimentary riverwalk boat tours tickets there for us. This was NOT the reason I had contacted them. I just wanted a good place, for the 4 of us to have a good time on vacation, for the money we paid. We got a very good rate thru Expedia, we found out later. We tried to book the remaining week and the price was very high (we stayed here Sat night - Weds morning)

We had a great room, a great location - we sat on the balcony every night and "people watched". We were there during the Final 4, which we did not know. Watched the Kansas pep band & cheerleaders go down the river on Sat night. Everyone had fun!

The hotel is very convenient to all the restaurants & shops. Everyone was VERY nice and helpful. Only issue - we left money for extra towels & coffee for 4 - no extra coffee :( And the drinks we ordered to sit by the pool were a bit pricey - but the bartender was great, creating a drink for my friend. Did not eat at the restaurant, but it was packed full every night. A heated pool would have been nice to have - it was chilly!!!

All was good - would definitely stay here again. We enjoyed our stay and would tell others to do the same!

Room Tip: go to CVS to purchase your water & alcohol
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

We are glad to hear that your experience was great at the hotel, and that you are a true Omni convert! The Sweet 16 and Elite 8 was a great time in San Antonio, and truly helped show off the terrific flavor of the city. We do apologize for the issue with the coffee, just let us know when you return and we will make sure this does not get overlooked. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,125)

Reviewed April 2, 2011

We didn't find a hotel to stay at in San Antonio until we arrived. I'm a little picky so I wanted to see where the best location would be for the River Walk. The AAA rate was still pricey for us @ $199.00. I found a brochure that we picked up at a prior hotel that gave a discount code that allowed us to get 1 King or 2 Queens for $119.00. We chose not to pay for valet parking.. too expensive, but we parked right across the street at the public parking building. Probably one of our favorite hotels we have ever stayed at. I loved the Omni. The architecture was lovely and the experience was great. Just as great was the ability to walk right out the back door onto the River Walk. The location is the best.
My only negative was that we had to call down to the front desk to complain about very loud people on our floor. They sent security up twice. The first was asked nicely, the second was a last warning. Not a negative for the hotel just a negative point on the experience.
Overall, Loved this hotel. Without a doubt would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us here at the Omni La Mansion Hotel. The architechture of the hotel is a great feature of our historic location, with the exception of being right on the riverwalk. We apologize for the noise from your neighbors, but we are glad to hear the staff took care of it in an efficient manner. We hope to see you whenever your travels bring you back to San Antonio!

Reviewed April 1, 2011

This was our first trip to San Antonio. Stayed here for 2 nights and then went to hill country new JW Marriott for 3 nights. The Omni spoiled us rotten with a fantastic room upgrade and made us wish we were there for the entire trip. Service was outstanding all around. Privileges at the "sister" hotel across the stone bridge in front of Omni was a huge plus - their pool is rooftop and very private. The complimentary morning tray with coffee and newspaper delivered outside out room with a little tap at the door (right at the requested time) is a great Omni service. We had a romance package that I found on their website (even with our teenager!) that included room service breakfast, valet parking, internet and evening champagne and truffles delivered to room. That package is the deal! I am now sold on Omni service and will be choosing them even more in the future.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

We are so pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel met and exceeded your expectations of your stay. We are excited to hear that you will be joining us again in the future. While we do share access to our restaurants and full service 4 diamond spa, however the pool at Mokara is only for guests of Mokara, however you do have full access to our pool at La Mansion. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Come back to visit again soon!

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I must say the service at this hotel was special. I went to catch a cab today and there wasnt one right away-2 very friendly bellman brought the hotel own car around in a flash (escalade) and took me to my destination. The room was nice, but on the smallish side for me and my husband. I would recommend going with at least the double bed river deluxe as these were quite a bit larger than the king room we had. Other staff at front desk and valet counter supe friendly as well. Thanks Omni

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I came to San Antonio for a short business trip and my conference selected La Mansion for our meeting and lodging. Staff made me feel welcome right away, and the accommodations were far better than I had imagined. Conviniently located along the RIver Walk, I was able to enjoy San Antonio during the very short moments I had available for leisure.

To make the experience even better, the chef and conference dining staff accommodated the restrictions of my celiac diet (gluten-free) with grace. The chef prepared special plates for me (including gluten-free bread!) for breakfast and lunch. He even prepared delicious chocolate dipped strawberries for dessert! Knowing that the staff of La Mansion cared about my health, took away many of my usual travel woes.

I would love to return to La Mansion... but on vacation.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

Relatively economical compared to most large hotels on the Riverwalk. Good location, friendly staff, nice rooms, and a truly excellent restaurant. Don't miss the Sunday Brunch, it's killer. Only real downside is the cost of the parking (over $30/day for valet) and wireless (about $9/day). But there's public parking at $8/day across the street and a Starbucks with free wireless about 100 yards away.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is a great hotel not just in San Antonio but sets a high standard for any hotel particularly because the staff genuinely seems to want to take care of the guests.