Generally our experience was pretty good with a few exceptions...When we started our vacation in San Antonio we stayed at the Westin LaCantera which was a truly "wonderful experience" (see my review!!) so I guess our expectations were high when we decided to close out our trip on the Riverwalk...I had heard good things about this Hotel and was primarily attracted to the location...right across from the Alamo! Well things started off badly when we checked in... when we pulled up to the front of the hotel..the valets were very quick and accomodating but when I walked up to the front desk (which was not busy at the time...) the two clerks up there were engrossed in a conversation and ignored me for several minutes...when I finally spoke up a young girl finally acknowledged me but seemed perturbed that I interrupted her...well anyways..I told her I had a reservation which she looked up for me and I also stated that when I initially made the reservation I had requested a nice atrium view...anyways what got me was she "barked back" in an impatient manner..."YES we know!" Well..that didn't sit too well with me..and finally when she handed over the key I was fuming a bit..but the valet who helped us with our bags was very nice...brought us to our room and and was generally very pleasant! But...the "atrium view" we were promised was catty corner to the atrium...I could barely see the lobby below and needless to say I was kind of iiritated but my wife said to let it go...the room was nice though! Very modern and and clean...the beds were comfortable and I liked the fact that the TVs had audio & video inputs so I could review video of the day!
We opted for the valet parking which was nice..and generally had good experience with it! But I have to say the concierge there expressed pretty much the same customer service skills as the front desk...what's up with this? The valets were great but the staff inside the lobby s*****! Asides from those minor irritations I would say the hotel is a nice value..especially if you request the SAVE rate..the location is perfect...a hop, skip and a jump to the Alamo..and the lobby is beautiful...part of the Riverwalk runs through the lobby!
The hotel pool, which is on the roof is teeny tiny though and was full of children when we went up there...not much of a pool but a nice view of the city... We had room service one night and was generally pleased but the cost of the meals are high..I ordered a pasta kids meal and it was delivered in a bowl that looked like a cup...pretty lame...Next time we'll go out...
The room was fairly quiet and housekeeping was quick and prompt...they had free local papers in the foyer by the elevators and a cafe below that I heard had a pretty decent breakfast buffet which we did not try...we were mainly there to enjoy Seaworld which was about 20 minutes away and the Riverwalk which was right in the backyard....
Highlights: Nice clean rooms with comfortable beds! Friendly valets!
Low points: Front desk clerk had a bad attitude and so did the concierge...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio