This is a fairly nice hotel with updated rooms and a great location on the Riverwalk. The public areas don't seem to have been updated quite yet; the restaurant looked like an '80s holdover or an airport lounge, and the Riverwalk level is as ugly as it has ever been.
The room was quite large and attractive, with a very big HDTV and a spacious bathroom.
I was a bit upset with this booking as I did it on Priceline, hoping for a 4-star at a reasonable price. Priceline told me the average price would be $180, so I went $130 and ended up with this joint, where the nightly rate is $129. Sigh.
Parking is $23 and valet is $27. I'd say the $4 extra was worth the hassle of dealing with traffic as we drove in to San Antonio on a Saturday night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio