This was my first stay at the Hyatt Riverwalk in San Antonio and I was in town for a short conference. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite and it had a balcony. It was odd because the balcony faced into the hotel atrium and not to the outside. That was disappointing and kind of useless really.
The room was comfortable and well maintained but the hotel décor was dark and bland overall. The atmosphere just seemed old and heavy overall probably because of all the dark colors and dark hallways.
The hotel is right on the riverwalk surrounded by restaurants and plenty of places to walk around. The conference space on the ballroom level is nice because it’s open air to the rest of the hotel so that makes you feel less trapped and enclosed.
If I were in the area again I probably would stay at one of the small, upscale boutique hotels which is just my personal preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio