“Best Stay I have had at a Hyatt”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #16 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I generally find Hyatt Hotels a bit cheesy with their eighties decor, but this one is excellent all around. The conference facilities were stellar, on and off site. The location allowed for easy sightseeing and entertainment after conference activities. All staff members were friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were nicely apportioned, with appropriately placed internet ports and interactive TV. The beds were comfortable and I appreciate rooms that still have bathtubs. The food was a bit pricey but good. If you get tired of barbeque, there are enough other places to eat within walking distance. I now know where I am staying when I return to San Antonio!

Room Tip: Get a room that overlooks the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,238)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The river going through the hotel is a nice touch. The hotel is close to almost anything you'd imagine. I walked almost everywhere.

The hotel bar has great specialty drinks. I would stay here again if I am back in San Antonio.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The lobby was clean and welcoming. There was always enough staff at the front desk that I never needed to wait to be helped. I enjoyed the complimentary apples offered at the desk. The glass elevators that took me to my floor were an interesting lobby feature, but if you are afraid of heights the elevators may pose a problem for you. I did not see any other option of elevators. This hotel is located directly on the River Walk and the look of that has been brought into the lobby with a river and bridge. My hotel room was spacious with a king bed, large lounging chair with ottoman, good size desk and chair, and a large flat screen tv on top of a cabinet that housed four drawers for my personal belongings as well as a cooled refrigerator. I like to sleep in, in the mornings. It was nice that the curtains kept light out well and I heard very little noise from the hall. This hotel is located in a great location. I was able to walk to plenty of sight seeing places. Over all I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms and welcoming staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in January. The hotel has been renovated in the last few years so it generally looks like most of Hyatt's newer properties now.

Our room was a corner unit with a balcony looking inward to the atrium and the river walk. This means it was slightly bigger than a typical room there. However it is one of those adjoining rooms that can be linked to the room beside if both parties unlock the doors. This door let every last sound from our neighbors in 459 into our room. They had small kids who cried every morning for an hour at 6am. While I have had rooms like this before none have had this problem. I'd avoid adjoining rooms in this hotel.

We had some issues with tub drainage (having a shower left 6 inches of water in the tub) but they took care of the problem quickly. Mind you the implication with that is that housekeeping doesn't actually clean the tubs or that problem should have been reported and fixed....presumably.

Regardless.... The overall stay was okay and I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's location and friendly staff. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency in San Antonio over the Christmas holidays for one night in December 2013 and my stay at the Hyatt Regency didn't go so well! It was very difficult to check in due to parking and I had difficult time finding parking in the hotel garage after checking in (Once I found parking and went to front desk to check in, the front desk staff provided me with prompt service while checking in! I had experience issues with the room which was very small, beds were very small, bathroom was definitely outdated, the bed was not properly made, carpet was very stained, and some of the bathroom linen was stained! The walls are very thin & it was very difficult to sleep because I would hear into the next room and every time the guest upstairs would flush the commode, run water, etc in the bathroom! We had to leave very early in the morning the next morning to depart from San Antonio so my guest & I decided to tip toe to keep from waking others at 5am in the morning due the thin walls! The room was very dark and had a gloomy feeling! I like the T.V. (A remote setup like a mouse used within computers & has lots of features) along with the cable provider that services the Hyatt Regency in San Antonio (lots of channels to choose from)! The lobby is renovated and setup nice! The location is excellent in relation to the riverwalk! I would have changed hotels if I was staying in San Antoino more than one day/night and due to the fact that I only spent one night in the hotel! Since I only spent 6 hours in the room, I felt no need to complain to the front desk staff that day/night because we spent the rest of the time out on the riverwalk! I did let the front desk staff know when I checked out that I was not pleased with my stay! Since I used my Hyatt points there was no way from them to accommodate me room wise upon checking out but I was accommodating for parking based upon my experience! This hotel may meet other peoples expections/needs but it failed to meet my expections/needs! I absolutely love the location of the hotel especially on the riverwalk but I would definitely stay somewhere else when visiting the San Antoino area again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that the functionality of your room was not to your standard. We will take this information into consideration for future guestroom updates.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

First, the location is ideal if you are hoping to be on the Riverwalk and within walking distance of a plethora of restaurants, the Alamo, the Alamodome, the Expo Center and a few shopping malls.
If you are looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel, this may not meet your expectations.
However, for the rate paid (AAA w/breakfast included), this property makes for a decent stay.
NOTE: If staying for big event (e.g. Football game, Holiday, etc), the walls are paper thin and the halls loudly echo - dare I say amplify - conversations of fellow residents. At 2:40am, I had to notify Hotel Security of a rowdy bunch that were well past their bedtime!
The accommodations were adequate (King room). Room included a small fridge, desk, decent TV, 4-drawers and small closet. No microwave was strange given the hotel brand and other décor. The bathroom was one of the smallest I've seen in a hotel of this caliber. Recent stay in a Super 8 had this bathroom beat by at least 30 sq. ft. Single sink, door that could only be opened if you are NOT sitting on the toilet or standing near it, and no fan to control humidity,
The A/C in the room "ran" but did a poor job of actually controlling the temp. The floor-to-ceiling window afforded a great view of the city - IF 1) you ask for a high floor, and 2) as for a City View. Otherwise, there are rooms that face the open 12-story atrium that makes up the central core of the hotel - very 1980's and impressive, but from the glass elevators, if one forgot to close one's curtains, one would be susceptible to one heck of a "show".
The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were very dense - which is why we often pack our own.
The room was kept clean, but we were given only two bath towels on each day of our 5-day stay - and had two stained towels on one particular day.
Breakfast was good and the restaurant staff were friendly and helpful. Valet service is spendy at $35/day (+ tax!!).
Overall, if you find a good rate ($125 - $165/night w/breakfast), this would make for a decent place to stay - mostly for the location and proximity of services.

Room Tip: 1) High floor - 8th and above; 2) City view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. We apologize that the functionality of your room was not to your standard. We will take this information into consideration for future guestroom updates. We are glad to hear you found the location on the Riverwalk ideal and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I travel every week and this is an Outstanding Hotel! Service, Location, and Room was perfect. Staff was extremely friendly. Room was clean and modern. No complaints and all. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Exterior rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our Riverwalk property and friendly staff. We hope to see you again in the future!