“Best location!”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #16 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Searched for months for a hotel on the Riverwalk and finally came across this one and got a great deal through website with low hotel rates and when we arrived it was the best spot we could have picked. It is right on the river, I mean litterly on the river, it even runs up to the lobby. On the front end the Alamo is right across the street when you walk out the back you are two steps from the river and all the resturants and despite it being on the river the noise was not able to be heard in the room and we had a room fairly close to the side of the river. Staff greeted us well. We didn't have to drive anywhere. We choose to drive for Breakfast Sunday morning but we really didn't have too. There is a bar and resturant on the lower floor. There is a candy/icecream shop on the lowest floor too. There is also a Souvanir shop and a small night Club/bar inside the hotel. There is alot to do,just walk the river and you will have plenty to do and see. The mall is a walk down the river and if you come out the mall on one end you end up back in front of the Alamo which again is across the street. Carriages are in front of the Alamo. All in all I would give this HOTEL a 10 of 10 for clean, greeting well, security, LOCATION, price, etc... everything, I HIGHLY recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRAVLERONE234
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for this great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s convenient Riverwalk location in the heart of downtown San Antonio. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,232)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a business trip to San Antonio and my wife went with me to celebrate our anniversary.

Check-in was easy and quick. My wife went and talked with the concierge to get info on local shopping and activities as I got us checked in. Our room overlooked the riverwalk and was perfect. Great views, great room. Clean and had all the amenities we needed. There was a small fridge which we used to keep the wine we purchased chilled.

Location was great! Right on the riverwalk, next to the Alamo and other shopping right downtown. The valet's were very helpful in giving directions to where we needed to go each day.

The roof-top pool is small (only 3 ft deep), but was great. We spent a day up there just hanging out and taking in the sun. There is a bar by the pool, however, it was not staffed. Room service would bring any food or drink items up there at your request though.

I was pleased with house cleaning too. I went back early one day and needed to get into the room and change. The housekeeper was accomodating, only after she checked my key to make sure it was my room and took a break to give me the room for the time I needed. I appreciated her being customer conscience and security conscience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is overlooking the riverwalk or the city. The hotel has a large atrium for all...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for this great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location and the accommodating and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the Alamo City!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have been to San Antonio 10+ different times throughout the years and first time at Hyatt and definitely best. I have stayed on Riverwalk, by Riverwalk and in other areas and is hands down best location if wanting Riverwalk location.

Room Tip: They don't have balconies but location makes up for it. Riverwalk view was not great but I thin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location during your recent trip to San Antonio. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have a very hard time giving a Hotel a perfect review but this one deserves it. Check in was flawless and the service and attitudes of the desk was superb. Very nice and efficient. We had questions about the surround sights and places to eat and they went way out of their way to help. The lobby was well adorned and clean, the elevators worked and well located. Now to the rooms. The rooms were very clean and fresh. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were crisp and very clean. The bathroom was rather small but well adorned with amenities, plenty of clean towels. More important it was spotless. The hallways were very clean and void of empty food trays. The hallway carpet was spotless and well lit. Parking was either self park or valet, self park was $ 25 and valet $35. Pricey but inline with other locations. The hotel restaurant, The Q, was very nice and clean. Service was very good and the food was tasty, we just ate breakfast so I can' vouch for the dinner and supper menus. The location of the Hotel can't be beat. Your right on the doorsteps to the River Walk and surrounding attractions. This was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Make reservation well in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rager999
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Riverwalk property! We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Being able to walk out of the hotel onto the Riverwalk is definitely a plus. It's an atrium kind of set up, so the rooms (some…all??) look INTO the hotel and down on the bar area on the first floor. It's a nice view, but makes the room feel dark.

The bar area downstairs is nice. It's not one of those hotels where you go down to get a drink and you are the only one or one of few. People are actually there, enjoying themselves which only adds to the ambience of the bar. I liked the hotel, but will probably check out one of the many others to choose from the next time we go to the Riverwalk.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for this great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location and Q Restaurant and Bar. We look forward to seeing you next time you're in San Antonio.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here so my wife could attend a hair show we were originally going to stay at the sheraton Gunter and we checked out there right after checking in due to the room being so nasty. Glad we found this place well kept Friendly staff and perfect location. Very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio for the hair show. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay at this hotel often when I go to San Antonio. Its on the Riverwalk and right across thge street from the Alamo. I get there valet park with no problem (self or valet is expensive downtown). I checked in smoothly and got my rooms. It was a 7th floor room faving the inside of the hotel. I found the room to be dark.I dont know if its because it didnt face the outside or these new light bulbs. Either way, a pain. The room was fine other than that. I do like the bar there, they have good food and drinks. A good price for good hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facuing the riverwalk or Alamo.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's bar and restaurant at our Riverwalk property. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!