We were in SA the weekend for the George Strait show. Unfortunately, when I booked our hotel, the Westin was all booked up. We had to Choose the Hyatt on Losoya. We arrived to the Hyatt on Friday. The staff was nice enough. The room was SUB PAR at best. Hair in the shower, funny smell. There was a LOUD dog on our floor who barked most of the early evening (maybe he was lonely for his family). Kids ran up and down the hall screaming. I love kids and dogs, but the walls were so thin it sounded like they were in the room with us. Around 2:15 AM, some drunk guy was on a rant in the hallway. This in turn got the dog riled up. It sounded like people were going into the hall to see what the hell was going on. I called security. I like a few drinks too, but this was a circus. I have no idea if they ever came up or not. About every 2 hours, someone else would be disorderly in the hall yelling (drunks). By 7am, I was livid. I got online, found a room was available at the Westin. I called there to confirm. I spoke to a wonderful helpful lady named Danielle. I explained the situation, that we needed a room. We had to check in at the concert at 3pm, and the Westin's check in is 3pm. Danielle told us to come over right away, they could accomodate us. She was very apologetic about our bad night at the Hyatt. This was ironic, because NO ONE at the Hyatt had been sorry at all. We booked the room, packed our stuff and got to the front desk of the HYATT. I had made sure that we would not get some random fee for leaving early. They assured me they would waive the "Early departure fee". No one ever apologized, asked if they could smooth things over. The best they could do was for us to come down around noon to SEE if they could find a room on another floor. However, she said we might get there at noon, and they would be unable to accomodate a change. "We are very busy due to the concert." At the front desk, The guy who checked me out said "So everything was fine except the little noise last night? I said "It was way more than a little noise. Plus, there was hair in the shower and a funny smell." He NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR EITHER OF THOSE THINGS. NEVER ASKED FOR MORE INFO ABOUT THOSE COMPLAINTS. Then he said "Yes, it is probably better that you are leaving. With the concert tonight, it will be much worse. Maybe next time you come, there will not be a show going on." We left there ASAP, went to the Westin. It was probably about 8-8:30 am at this time. Matt checked us in. He was super friendly, and super accomodating. We briefly told him how we came to be there so early. Again, he was very apologetic for our bad luck. He scanned the roster, and found us a room we could go to right away. As usual, we had a great room. The staff was wonderful. On a side note, there were A LOT of people there at the Westin for the George Strait show. We were not awakened ONCE during the night. The walls must be thicker there or something. Keep up the great work, Westin. We will see you next trip. The Hyatt staff needs to be inserviced in customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio