Booked room with Alamo view and breakfast buffet for two.
Pros: Large lobby/atrium. Right on the River Walk and a stones throw away from the Alamo. Close proximity to a lot of restaurants. Great view of the Alamo from room with Alamo view. Great view of city from "roof-top pool". Clean and well equipped gym. Spacious rooms and comfy beds. Hostess at the "Q" restaurant was knowledgeable and friendly and the breakfast buffet was great. The room service was fast and food prepared as requested. They have a bar, Einsteins bagel shop and an ice cream shop as well.
Cons: (personal experience) Pool was small and not good for kids, because there were only adults that seemed to be there for busines. My two boys were being considerate, respectful and quiet, but for the money I spent, I expected my boys to be able to let loose and enjoy themselves. I understand that the other guests wanted to sun-bathe and read a book, but come on, it's a pool, not a library. The room had LOTS of dust on drapes and around/behind arm chair and other furniture. Trash, hair and a ticket stub from a ball that took place a month prior, under the cushion of arm chair. No free WiFi in room and when purchased for approximately $15, WiFi was too slow to load a Yahoo home page when it says it can stream Netflix (never worked). Parking was $25 and the key-card kiosk worked on the first try and didn't work for me for the duration of my stay. It was a embarrassing holding up traffic and having to wait nearly 5 minutes for an attendant or valet to show. Was told the kiosk was down, but it worked well for the attendants and other guests, like the person who was behind me that made it out of the garage immdeiately after I was let out. I was reimbursed approximately $60 for the parking and WiFi inconvenience, but the dust issue was never addressed.
I am not a nit-picky type of person, but when I went to pull the drapes to enjoy the Alamo view and noticed that there was a great amount of dust starting to float around, I had to inspect further and realized that housekeeping hasn't vacuumed or dusted behind the arm chair and furniture. Not what I expected from an upscale and high-priced hotel. I would stay again if I can get it for a better deal, but the Hotel Indigo is right next door for a little over $100 a night after tax, with free WiFi and valet service for $25!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio