My husband and I decided to stay on the Riverwalk for a night to celebrate my Birthday. We actually live about 30 minutes from downtown but didn't want to worry about driving. We got the room from Priceline so by no means did I think we'd have the best room in the house. I wasn't upset that we ended up in a Double Bed room instead of our requested King....that's what you get for going with a discount site. (keep that in mind for any families traveling on spring break- if you request a room with 2 beds on priceline...you're probably not going to get it.) The room was nice and clean. They offer shampoo, conditioner and lotion. The location is fantastic - you can see the Alamo from the front door and the Back doors open up to the Riverwalk. It's an Embassy Suites type feel as the bar and lobby are in the middle and rooms overlook that area.
We had dinner on the Riverwalk and came back to the hotel. The elevator wasn't working so we used the side stairs ( which a homeless wandering around / sleeping on..eek - kind of creepy). When we got back to our room we found that our mini fridge that I was excited to put my left overs in didn't work. Then we found out our TV didn't work- when we went to call down to the front desk the phone didn't work. It wasn't that big of a deal because we were only there for one night. What really bothered me was when we went to check-out and the lady asked how my stay was I told her about all the things that were wrong with the room. She simply said "hmm...I'm sorry about that" and walked away. I honestly didn't want anything for free, but would have at least appreciated a bit more concern or at least an offer of how to make it right. It really wasn't good customer service. In general I'm not a fan of the airport kiosk style check-in/check-out concept - it really takes away from the personalized service I expect from a nice hotel. They didn't know it was a special stay for us because we didn't really talk to anyone they just handed us our keys. It's probably great for people traveling on business but not so much for the rest of us. I'm more of a customer service kind of person...so if you are too- I'd suggest staying somewhere else as there are several other great hotels on the river. If you only care about location- this is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio