Hyatt Regency San Antonio
$434
$289
JW Marriott
$219
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$143
$134
$223
$215
$239
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$239
Omni Hotels
3,414 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe river walkq baralamo viewrooftop poolself parkinglobby barbeautiful hoteleasy accessconvention centerroom keyriverwalk areahotel restaurantrivercenter mallper dayconferenceatrium
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is situated in a great location right on the Riverwalk. The lobby is amazing and very pretty. We were here for the Circuit of the Americas F1 Grand Prix and it was just far enough away from Austin for it to be affordable and close enough to drive there and back in a few hours. The restaurant for breakfast is great and a special mention for our waitress Jill who was just lovely.
The Alamo is literally across the road and you could probably see it from your room if you had one facing in that direction.
The Riverwalk is magical and it exceeded all our expectations. Room was great, clean and the bed was really comfy.

Room Tip: We had a room in a corner and far from the atrium. Was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We chose to stay in San Antonio for the recent F1 Grand Prix weekend, and couldn't have been happier with our choice of the Hyatt Regency. We had a wonderful spacious corner room overlooking the riverwalk - the only negative thing I could say about the hotel was that for such a large room, the bathroom was tiny. Some additional space could have been used to expand the bathroom to allow more than one person in at once. Otherwise a perfect place - the staff were all extremely helpful, right from the valet parking guy who met us the moment we pulled up, to the maids and wait staff in the restaurants and bars. All were interested in why you were there, where you came from, when you would be back - that personal touch makes a big difference.

And you couldn't have asked for a better location - right over the road from the Alamo on one side, and backed right up against the riverwalk on the other.

We will definitely be back to visit again - I think the Hyatt Regency will now be our regular place to stay when we are at the F1 GP !!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Last year, I stayed at the Grand Hyatt which was a 10-15 minute walk to the restaurants on the Riverwalk. For this Hyatt, you take the elevator near the Einstein bagel, walk through the lovely shopping lobby with the fountain, and right out to the Riverwalk with restaurants right and left outside the door. The shopping lobby had a nice looking spa and an ice cream store. The hotel is just around the block from the Alamo.

The gym was smaller and not as fancy as the Hyatt The rooftop pool was smaller as well and had lounge chairs around it. It wasn't luxurius looking, but it looked clean and a nice place to take a dip. The chairs were closer together, so you would be close to your neighbor in the next chair.

In addition to the Einstein bagel which had breakfast food and coffee, it also served sandwiches for lunch. No real eating area though. The bar was smaller than the Grand Hyatt, but it was a good place to sit and chat with attentive service. The food looked good.

The Q Restaurant had a small, but very enjoyable buffet with made to order pasta. You could just order the salad and desert buffet or off the menu. I really liked the freshness of the salad and fruit There were not a huge amount of salad toppings, but made to order pasta was really the star with a large number of toppings you could add. The desserts were fresh and tasty such as brownies and various desert bars or tiramisu.

I attended a conference for several days. It could have just been with the organizers picked but the breakfast buffet near the conference got tired after the third day - scrambled eggs (sometimes with peppers), bacon, sausage, fruit plate, muffins, yogurt (maybe one kind), OJ, and coffee/tea. I thought it was nice there were also gluten free muffins which were tasty. I remember the Grand Hyatt breakfast being better with more variety, like waffles or pancakes one day. The snacks in the afternoon were cookes, fruit, and packages of trail mix which were more portable and easier to eat than the scooped out snacks at the Grand Hyatt.

The conference dinner was fine. I asked for a pasta that was a side on another entree but never got it. The coffee took a while to make its rounds and there were never any refills. Overall, the conference wait staff were friendly, helpful, and kept the used plates and glsses cleaned up.

The room was fine and had a coffee maker and the refrigerator mini-bar. The maid did a good job and left extra creamer packets like I requested. I had a view of the city, but there were also interior rooms that looked down into the lobby and conference room area.

If you come out of the hotel on the Riverwalk, you can turn left and walk to the Grand Hyatt (about 10-15 minutes away), go past it to the Conference Center, go past the water streams, and up the stairs and walk to the left for several minutes to the Tower of America to see a great view of San Antonio.

For a good, but expensive dinner at the Chart House revolving restaurant at top of Tower of America, call ahead to make a reservation. I called on a Sunday for a party of one and was able to get a reservation for 5 minutes after I called. However, I saw a party of four walk up and was told the wait was over an hour. When I was upstairs, there were several empty tables around me that did not get filled. Last year, when I came and walked up (without calling ahead), I had a 45 minute wait, although when I got to my table, there were several empty tables.
TIp: Make sure you go at least an hour before sunset, so you can see the fantastic city as the restaurant revolves. Also, after dinner, you can take the elevator down to the Observation Level which normally you have to pay for if you want to come up for the view.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This location is the best one could ask for downtown San Antonio! Odd for a native to even comment but a since I had a team staying there for business conferences, I spent days there and we walked to lunches everyday and were able to experience the downtown area with ease. A short one block walk to the trolly line depot. The hotel is located in a cozy spot that offers so many conveniences in a one block area at both river and street level + The Alamo! The staff was very pleasant, helpful and welcoming and with elevators located in the center of the lobby but away from the front desk, one didn't feel inspected coming and going. Our meeting rooms were easy to access without walking to another wing and close to the central elevators. Perfect if you are accompanying someone attending a convention, too. The bar even offered tacos for quick bites when we didn't want a sit down meal. The river walk level had seating for quiet and peaceful breaks though only steps away from the busy nightlife.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went last weekend for a girls weekend away and we truly enjoyed tying here. The backside of the hotel is right on the riverwalk. The staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were really nice. The rate was $150/night, which we thought was very reasonable for what we got. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends