10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$199
Hotels.com$199
Agoda.com$199
FindHotel$199
eDreams$199
StayForLong$229
4,717 results
All reviews the river walk great location q bar alamo view rooftop pool beautiful hotel self parking easy access business trip convention center conference riverwalk lobby atrium valet cvs garage
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2011

My newly-graduated daughter and I decided to do a tour of Texas before she lands her first job. We chose San Antonio as our first stop and stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk. What a perfect location! Restaurants and clubs abound in this stretch of the river; in fact, a man-made waterway runs through the hotel into the river! The roof-top pool is not to be missed, and the hotel's restaurant serves an excellent breakfast. Even though we were given a room on a lower floor near the elevator, we enjoyed a restful night's sleep. From our window, we could even glimpse the Alamo! Parking is expensive; we opted for the self-parking option at $25/night, which was convenient and a better value than the valet option at $35. Internet access is also pricey. We didn't bring along a laptop, but I checked into the hotel's business center rates. They charge for the use of business center computers--about $7 for 15-minutes of Internet use. I decided the work email could wait at those rates. Still, overall it was a great beginning to our summer-long set of weekend road trips around the Lone Star State.

Room tip: Check for SAVE rates
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

Sounds like you enjoyed your stop in San Antonio! First off, congratulations to your college graduate! Second, thank you for this thoughtful review. We hope to see you two again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

The location of this hotel is perfect for Riverwalk sightseeing - the river flows right into the bottom floor. Our room overlooked the Alamo! Service at the hotel was to be commended -everyone was friendly and helpful. CVS (a drugstore for wine, snacks, sunscreen etc.) is a quick walk a few doors down on the river so you can load up on forgotten supplies. The rooftop pool was nice but crowded on a Saturday night. My only gripe was the steep price for self-parking. However, it is worth the convenience.

Room tip: Try to get a room high up.
1  Thank TripsterAustin
Reviewed May 31, 2011

When I faced the prospect of turning 60 in May, the San Antonio Riverwalk beckoned to me as a good place to do so - but I was wrong - it was the perfect place! For that I give thanks to the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk and manager, L'Lee Cameron, who went above and beyond to make sure our special occasions were celebrated "in style." My husband and I made the trip with our two daughters (26 and 28) and sons-in-law. We reserved three King rooms - two Riverview and one with Atrium view – all very nice with beautiful views and all the amenities you could ask for (large flat-screen tv, very comfortable bed, leather chair with ottoman and more). We were on the 6th floor and weren't bothered by noise in any of our rooms - we heard a riverboat heading down the river a couple of times during the night, but for us that was soothing. It was the busy Memorial Day weekend, so the hotel was bustling, but in a good way. We didn’t experience long waits, trouble parking or any of the typical irritations that can arise in such circumstances. The location is ideal – you step out the door one way to the Riverwalk and a margarita and another way to the Alamo and Rivercenter Mall.

When Ms. Cameron found out that I was celebrating a birthday and one of my daughters and her husband were celebrating a 4th wedding anniversary, she pulled out all the stops - upgrading us to a Riverbend suite which gave us a living/dining room area between our three rooms where we could gather and visit, while looking out over the beautiful Riverwalk. It was incredible! And to top it off she had champagne and strawberries waiting for us when we arrived, along with hand-written cards noting our "special occasions." I can't say enough good things about this hotel and Ms. Cameron. The service was excellent and a wonderful full breakfast was complimentary with each room. When you have three couples traveling together, a suite is a wonderful option and one I'll consider in the future.

We also recommend a trip to see the Jim Cullum Band at the Landing - this is a must-do for me and my husband (we've been fans for more than 20 years), but this was the first time our children had heard the band, and they loved the music - some things are just timeless, I guess. And since the Landing is in the hotel, you only have to catch an elevator to your room, which is nice after a couple of drinks with midnight approaching.

I'll always have fond memories of this birthday, and can assure you that a trip to the Hyatt Riverwalk along with a margarita and a little jazz will ease the pain of turning 60.

5  Thank Keywest51
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Location is a definite plus, right in the center of the action on the river. Mixed review for our stay. Way overpriced. Self parking $25 seems excessive, but conveniently right across the street. We purchased the "Explore" pkg which consisted of an upcharge on the room rate but included free self-parking, free breakfast, river taxi tix and Imax tix. Upon arrival, no one seemed to know about this package and had nothing ready for us, except the higher room charge. They said they would deliver it to our room (we wanted the river taxi tix right away so we could get out on the river), but they never showed. I called, was told someone was on the way up with the package info, we waited, they never showed. Don't like spending my precious time in SA sitting in a hotel room, when a margarita is waiting right outside on the River Walk. Went to the concierge and finally he got me some tickets. I had trouble getting the free parking pass but finally got that too. ALL of this should have been put together in a welcome packet of some kind and ready for me upon checkin. I also purchased a $20 credit for $10 to be used in the hotel bar or restaurant. I was told that upon checkout ALL the package credits would be removed from my bill, i.e. free breakfast, $20 bar credit, $25/day parking fee, etc. Well all the charges were still there at checkout, NOTHING had been removed. I had to call 3 different times to get all the proper items credited from my bill. All the employees are super friendly, but nothing ever really seems to get done as promised. We did have a very nice room overlooking the atrium, but they definitely need to add some privacy strips around the doors, you can see light from the hallway all around the door, not to mention the noise.

Room tip: Request high floor, above the noise of the atrium
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I traveled to San Antonio Texas March 5-9 and stayed at the Hyatt. What a gorgeous hotel! Very welcoming and beautifully designed. Once you drive up to the hotel you are greeted by a bellman and asked given the option to valet your car for I believe an estimate of 33 dollars or self park in the parking garage across the street for 25 dollars. Wait time to check in was quick and bellman quickly helped unload out luggage and waited for us to check in and helped deliver out luggage. Very nice gentleman who offered assistance anytime we needed it. Rooms are somewhat small and beds are tiny but hey its the riverwalk, and everything must accommodate the river! It was amazing to have a view of the inside of the hotel and all the way to the bottom. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and wanting to stay right on the riverwalk. Prices are reasonable and the Q Bar is a great place to wind down and enjoy a casual drink and snack. I also traveled to see The Tower of America, SeaWorld, The Alamo, The Natural Bridge Safari, and the Riverwalk Boat Ride. Entire trip was a trip to remember!

Date of stay: March 2011
4  Thank sonzstar
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

Thank you for this wonderful review! We appreciate all the positive feedback you had to say about your trip and will make sure to pass on the kind words to our bellmen and staff. We look forward to your next visit to San Antonio!