“Will keep coming back again and again” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, TX
“Will keep coming back again and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

My family and I have been staying at the Hyatt Hill Country every summer for over 15 years, and we love it more every year! The grounds are absolutely beautiful, the service is excellent and the rooms are always clean and nicely decorated. The kids in our family range from 2 to 21 years old, and there is plenty to do for every age group! For younger children, they have tons of activites, like crafts in the lobby, face painting, poolside smores (adults welcome too!), and movies on the lawn outside the lobby. The pool and lazy river is fun for the whole family. The pool has a waterfall, volleyball net, basketball hoop, and if you float down the lazy river a couple minutes, you'll find a small beach area where you can play in the sand. If you want a quieter atmosphere while swimming, you'll find it at the adult pool or hot tub. The beautifully decorated lobby has a bunch of comfy couches and arm chairs for rest and relaxation, and the picturesque back porch is lined with rocking chairs, from which you can see the beach and lazy river. This is the perfect place to spend a weekend with family!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank morbea56
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family’s recent summer vacation experience and for recognizing the many family-friendly activities we offer throughout the summer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Melody Goeken, director of public relations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

I spent 4 nights with my 6 adults, 2 children, 2 toddlers.

The resort is very family and kid friendly, service is fine, not outstanding, but accomodating. Golf Course was great.

Restaurants a little overpriced for quality of food offered, but expected that. The Antlers, high end restaurant a major disappointment for a plate avg of $35. They were out of 3 menu items also..

The major disappointment was the resort grounds (very unkept), water/lazy river (very dirty and unkept). We were looking forward to the pool and exterior grounds, for the room rate, a major disappointment. Cloudy water, sand, lots of leaves, twigs, etc. We saw it cleaned only 1 time during our visit. Many other guest commenting on it was well while there. Too bad, the website makes it look nice. We did go the new timeshare property by Hyatt down the street, tha pool was great. Clean lazy river, 2 bis slides, lot's of activites.

Would not stay at the Hyatt again. It is in need of a room update, grounds update, and improved maintenance for the pool.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SJMCSM
Thank you so much for providing your feedback from your recent visit to The Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. Your detailed thoughts helps us to identify areas where we can improve our overall guest experience. Our goal is for every guest to leave with wonderful memories. It is clear to me that in many instances we did not deliver this experience to you and for that I apologize. The quality of our food is very important to us and I have shared your thoughts with our culinary team so they can address this area that fell short during your visit. The cleanliness of our pool and water feature areas as equally important, and I have shared your experience with our engineering team to make sure that our pools are continually checked for leaves and debris. Please know that we value you as our guest and will work hard to regain your trust. I hope that you and your family are able to return soon to enjoy the overall experience that we wish you had experienced on your first trip. Melody Goeken, director of public relations
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

The website does not do this place justice. I was worried we would not have enough to do but we were just as busy or just as layed back as we wanted to be. We rented bikes for a short ride, took walks, watched movies on the grassy lawn, swam till we were pruney, ate, played their organized games, and relaxed. Not a ton of stuff for older kids but the younger crowd is well entertained. Breakfast was wonderful but the deli/store next door had breakfast tacos and muffins for cheap. Save your dollars and come to a relaxing place that will not dissappoint.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ackHouston
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

I was at this property for 3 Days in April, pretty good, the low area was the catering for out Business Functions. Upon arriving at the Airport after check out, I realize I had left a very special and important book in the room on the nightstand. That may sound petty, but in October of 2006 I lost everything but the clothes on my back, ended up in New Orleans trying to help out, but ready to give up on life. This book, Conversations with God came into my hands right at the moment that I had given up. It litterly saved my life, I have dozens of higlights of the words that help me make a new life. I have it with me every day at work, then on my nightstand at night. I immediately called the hotel, got housekeeping, gave her the room number and told her how important the book was to me. She took my phone number, and though I tried to explain that though only a book, it was special to me. She never called me back. I have tried to call the Hotel manager 2 times including today. I always get put on hold and have to give up.
Just make sure to double check your room before you leave it, so not to have the indifference of their "lost and found".

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank EdHoneycutt
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband was at the Hyatt Hill Country for a conference and I joined him for a leisure stay. The hotel was very attractive and the grounds were lovely. Attached to the pool was a "river" for tubing - very relaxing. The room was very well appointed and quiet, but would have liked two sinks. The staff were friendly and helpful. The grounds were lush and there was a walking path through the trees and around the golf course - a nice escape. This place seemed excellent for families as well as couples. There was a lot going on and a lot to do. My only complaint was that the wireless internet signal was very slow so we had to purchase something faster. It is no where near the downtown area of San Antonio, but is great for visiting the hill country north of there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

We spent the week here with our grandchildren for spring break and it was THE best choice I have ever made in hotels/resorts. We offered to take the children to Seaworld and Fiesta Texas and they wanted to stay at the hotel! We had to make them leave to go to the Alamo! They had live pony rides for the children, HUGE inflated slides with tunnels and climbing decks, rock climbing walls, a lazy river with a sand beach and so many activity pools, hot tubs and adult pools, a great spa and Camp Hyatt for the children allowed parents to let the children have fun with friends their ages and have one on one time with elder cousins, etc... The daily snowcone stands were a big hit too. The camp counselors were energetic and interactive with the children. Then, there was the food! AWESOME and very inexpensive! You could actually choose filet mignon off the buffet every night, prepared one way or another! Awesome salads and soup choices and the most friendly and helpful staff you could imagine! They offer a guest laundry with free washers and dryers, you just buy the soap! We said we were going to Seaworld and a waitress runs back and comes back with this coupon book that had we actually gone (remember the children chose to stay at the hotel!) we would have saved fifty dollars! Front to back this was an absolutely awesome hotel. The grounds were beautiful and kept to perfection. My grandchildren have already said this is their choice for next year! Wow! That was easy! Perhaps the rooms are slightly higher priced, but consider free parking, great food choices and great prices, in room refrgerators if you are so inclined to use them, and everything you can dream of on sight. This is an excellent family hotel and we live in a resort area ourselves! We were dreading the idea of San Antonio and we were delightfully surprised. We have extensive travel history and consider this a hidden gem!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank lifeathand
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed March 8-10 with two other families. They were slow the week before spring break so we felt like we had the place to ourselves. I wanted to book the new JW Marriot near by but the rates were way more expensive. After reading reviews of the chaos at the JW I am glad we chose the Hyatt.
The staff really went out of there way to spoil us. Every request was fulfilled and with a smile. I would go there again because the service was 5 star.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family