“Awesome time! Great venue and Flowrider machine!”

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Ranked #9 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Awesome time! Great venue and Flowrider machine!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a great time at the resort. Great rooms, huge resort, lots of great food and restaurants! They also have a great Flowrider machine and staff!! I'd recommend this place to family and friends! Can't wait to come back next summer. Golf was awesome as well!

• Stayed November 2013
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review of your recent Hyatt Hill Country Resort visit. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other tripadvisor travelers.

I was thrilled to read that you had a great experience on our FlowRider ®. Thank you for mentioning our staff, we are so proud of them!

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

210-520-4022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I think the best I have ever been treated at a hotel ever. Friendliest staff you will ever meet. Whatever you want they will make it happen. I always look forward to coming to Hyatt Hill Country! If you are thinking about taking a vacation and want to stay at a sick resort with a flowrider, spa, three golf courses, and a lazy river then the Hyatt hill country is definitely the place to be!

• Stayed November 2013
I am thrilled and humbled with your generous 5 star review of your recent visit. We much value our return guests and I am proud that our team has consistently delivered a wonderful experience to you each visit. We appreciate your continued loyalty to Hyatt Hill Country.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Holy Hyatt! I had a great experience staying at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa this past week. Everything about the property and my stay was absolutely amazing! They have so much to offer right on property from food and beverage, messages, golf courses a Flowrider and even more! They staff at the resort is phenomenal, they even extended my stay when I had a last minute travel conflict with no worries! I can't say enough about this place, but know that when you book with them, they will be prepared for your arrival, It's not their first rodeo..thats for sure!

Thanks again, say hi to Stella & Rowdy (Property Dogs)! I'm so Hyatt right now!

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting a room to the near activity of your pleasure, the property is enormous...
Green Features: Clean as a whistle! Very impressed with the overall practices and appearance of the property during my stay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adam M
Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful 5 star review of your recent visit. I was so pleased to read that you had good time at our Hill Country FlowDown competition. It was our first FlowRider event and we look forward to many more, hopefully as an official stop on the 2014 Flow Tour.

We strive to provide warm and authentic hospitality to each guest and I am proud that our team delivered that to you. I was saddened to hear about the difficulty with your departing flight, but I am so proud that our front desk team was able to assist you with extending your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country for a wedding. We did not bring the kids or have time to do anything but wedding activities during the day. When we checked into the room, the price was over a hundred dollar more than the rate that we booked. We were told there is a $40/day charge for the "amenities" (pool and golf course). Add to that a $20/day valet charge. There is no breakfast or other goodies included with your stay.

The hotel is very spread out, so I felt like half the time I was running to one end from the other for wedding events. The prices in the convenience store were outrageous ($18 for a men's gillette razor). There is no food after 12pm anywhere in the hotel, so if you want a late night snack, you are out of luck. Also, there is a mini fridge in the room but no microwave, so if you did have some leftovers, you'd better be ready to eat them cold.

Other than that, the grounds are beautiful and it looked like it would have been alot of fun for the kids had we taken them (note that the lazy river is not heated so no good during the cooler months).

I would probably not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay towards the middle.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review from your recent Hill Country stay. I appreciate your 3 star review.

Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the resort for the issue with room rate. I am unclear as to whether you were charged an additional $100 for your room or if the rate we quoted on arrival was $100 more than what you booked. I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you and understand exactly what happened. We do access a $26 per room, per night resort fee and $19 for overnight parking

Next time should you forget personal items such as a razor, we have disposable ones, both for women and men, available through our housekeeping department at no cost.

I look forward to speaking to you regarding your room rate.

Austin
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a great retreat for couples or families. We stayed here for two nights in early November, and the hotel was not crowded at all. The best thing they have going for them is the staff. From the bellmen to the check-in staff to the waitstaff at the restaurants, the staff is friendly, responsive, and welcoming. We told the front desk it was our anniversary (they asked if it was a special occasion, and not only did she offer a complimentary bottle of wine or champagne to be sent to our room, but when it arrived, it arrived with a handwritten note from the staff.
The grounds are beautiful, and staff are ever present just about everywhere, saying hello and asking if we needed any help with anything. Anytime we requested anything, it arrived right on time and with a smile.
We ate at the Springhouse cafe for the breakfast buffet which was wonderful--great omelettes, pancakes, and a wide selection of breakfast foods. We also had dinner there one night. The food was good, I would have preferred a larger portion for the price.
We got a massage at the Windflower Spa--make sure to plan to take advantage of the spa and spend several hours there, as it is included in the price--the private pool, jacuzzi, snacks, and sauna. We spent about five hours there and it was delightful, and we enjoyed our massages.
We also walked the nature trail, which is a nice excursion after breakfast. It wasn't crowded at all.
Make sure and visit the Fire Pit for S'Mores from 7-8pm every night. The racoons like to visit to try to grab a marshmallow or two, and they are so cute.
If you are wanting to venture out to find some authentic Mexican food, try Viola's Ventanas a couple of miles away on Westover Hills Blvd. It is a new restaurant with lots of seating (sit outside on the patio if the weather is nice) and enjoy a margarita and some good Mexican food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am so thrilled to read your glowing comments about your Hill Country visit. I am so proud that our front desk team made your stay so special.

We look forward to your next celebration.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We go every year for one of my husband's conferences. It's always such a treat. I love floating down the lazy river or relaxing by the adult pool. After we take our morning walk around the beautiful grounds, we head over to the General Store for their delicious breakfast tacos and Starbucks coffee! My husband enjoys the beautiful golf course while I relax by the adult pool. On our 2nd night we always enjoy a fabulous dinner at the Antler Lodge. This is one trip I look forward to every year!

Room Tip: I don't think you have much choice in what room you receive but it never hurts to ask. We have o...
Green Features: I love the fact that they share our concern and use environmentally- friendly practices.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your recent Hill Country visit. I am so glad you look forward to this conference each year. We appreciate our repeat groups and guests!

You have shared a great secret: the General Store homemade breakfast tacos and steaming hot coffee rivals the best local taquerias!

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa Oct. 17-20, 2013. There were 5 adults and 4 children in our party. I just can not say enough good things about our stay there. The resort is gorgeous, the staff so accommodating and friendly, very kid friendly, and the food good. We loved everything about this hotel. And can't wait to go back. Highly recommend !!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor overlooking the grounds. Beautiful and quiet. Room 4506
Green Features: Beautiful setting. Exceptionally clean. Natural environment
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank judy d
Thank you for taking the time to post your 5 star review and comments on your recent Hill Country visit. Your words were music to my ears! I was thrilled to read that all 9 of you had such a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming all of you back again very soon.