Our first stay in San Antonio, not knowing the area we picked this hotel by chance. The hotel is easy to find by car from the airport, with good access to the freeway network (took less than 30 minutes). Great base for getting to theme parks, sports arenas, shopping malls, town centre, main tourist sites, all of which were no more than 30 minutes by car.
The hotel was in the middle of a major renovation while we were there but was so well managed that there was no negative impact on our stay. The renovation was to revamp the rooms and add slides to the water park.
My son (12) loved the water park, my daughters (20's) loved the spa. We used the free bike rental (30 minutes free) which could be improved if there was more access to the golf course trails.
We used the family-centric buffet for breakfast and a couple of evening meals. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Not the cheapest for those on a budget but certainly less than you'd pay in a major hotel in the centre of town.
Although the customers were a mixture of business visitors, golf players and families, we found the hotel looking after all types in equal measure and were definitely family orientated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the true Texan hospitality of our genuine San Antonio Hill Country resort. Built upon 300 acres of the historic Rogers-Wiseman family ranch, our resort offers a unique blend of comfort and elegance. With the inviting charm of a Texas ranch house and the amenities of a luxury resort, guests can escape to a quiet retreat from everyday life. Float down our country-style lazy river, pull up a rocking chair on Aunt Mary's porch, golf 27-holes, or join our many family activities. Rich in tradition and overflowing with amenities for relaxing, playing and dining, all just 20 minutes from the San Antonio International Airport and River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country