“Will challenge your alliance!”

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Will challenge your alliance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am a long time platinum Starwood properties member and the feeling of missing something has been stated. No one says no and Ben knew I was a seasoned traveler due to work because of my actions. I received an upgrade like I would have at a Starwood property and could not be happier. My company allows me to stay where I seem fit and this stay will make me stay at a Hyatt. Also the bartenders Justin and Jared were the best. They served me the way I would expect and accommodated me when the beer was flag due to CO2.

All and the most important moment is my daughter woke up at 800 because she wanted to play. She's 3 and usually sleeps until 10. Worth every dollar!!! March 21-23 even thought they made pick April.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited for Spring Break and the resort had activities EVERY hour for the kids (scavenger hunts, necklace making, etc...). Our room over looked the giant yard and my kids enjoyed the nightly smores and movies on the lawn. We had a great time. I thought the lazy river could have been a bit cleaner (leaves and such).

1 Thank Born2Travel935
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review of your recent Hill Country visit! I apologize for the leaves in the Ramblin' River, during your stay we experienced several windy days and with the weather fluctuating between cold and warm our trees experienced a late season leaf drop. We did have full time staff around our pools cleaning, but we simply were not able to keep up.

I am thrilled to read that your family had a great time over Spring Break. Our recreation team does an amazing job of creating fun activities for our guests.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing upgrades and enhancements to the property!

By the beginning of May we will have refreshed all guest rooms with new flooring, wall coverings, Hyatt Grand beds, and fresh tile in the bathrooms. Over Memorial Day weekend we will open Edge Falls, the expansion of our 5 acre park featuring a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide, and Vince’s Watering Hole restaurant and bar. Our outdoors will have been enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping and in the fall we will unveil a brand new 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Anchorage
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I stayed at this resort during a conference recently, and I was appalled by the uncleanliness of the rooms. We were "upgraded" from our double queen room with a moldy shower to a "suite" overlooking the lawn that had the dirtiest carpet I have ever seen. Not only was it not vacuumed between occupants (I found popcorn and safety pins on the floor under the sofa), but when I complained to the front desk, the housekeeping staff simply ran the vacuum around the middle of the main room. The entire outer perimeter of the living room and bedroom were still covered in filth. (I know because a sliver of apple that I had purposely left on the floor next to the trash can was still there four days later). Day #3 I killed a cockroach on the bathroom floor. If the conference is held there again, we will stay at the Holiday Inn down the road and commute in for lecture before staying at the Hyatt Regency again.

2 Thank AKfisherman
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the entire resort for the your guestroom experience during your recent business trip. Guestroom cleanliness is extremely important to us and I apologize that your room was not in the pristine condition we are noted for.

We strive to provide each guest with a positively memorable experience and it is clear to me that we did not deliver this to you. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally about the specifics of your guestroom. I can be reached by phone or by email at our convenience.

Flower Mound, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I booked this hotel when another chain canceled my reservation. I work in San Antonio often, and need a place that is accessible, clean, and reasonably priced. Hyatt Hill Country resort met all those requirements, and then some. The staff was very friendly and helpful, restaurant served great food (buffet and special order), and the room was perfect.

Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort while he attended a meeting here.
The good: We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a suite. The room is very nice, clean and comfortable. We have a large balcony looking over "the lawn". It is a nice view. The staff have all been very pleasant and helpful. We didn't have any problems with construction noise, as some reviewers have stated, but maybe they have finished with the room renovations. We could hear some construction equipment out where they are building the water park but it was not a problem. We purchased food items in the general store, not inexpensive but what you expect for a resort and quite tasty. We also ate in the Springhouse restaurant. Again, what you would expect to pay at a resort and quite good. They even had a gluten free dessert. There are a lot of families with children here and the hotel seems very family friendly, even showing "Finding Nemo" on the big screen on The Lawn last night. There seem to be a lot of activities for families as well as things for adults...golf and the spa being the foremost.
The not so good: One would think with all the renovations they are doing they would have done something about sound proofing the rooms. I have heard the man upstairs using the bathroom multiple times, clearly heard a conversation a lady in the next room was having on the phone and the maids outside in the hallway. Also, on Sunday, at about 8 a.m. they yard guys were using their leaf blowers. I personally think that is early for a Sunday morning.
The hotel over all is very nice. We would recommend it to anyone wanting a resort in the San Antonio area.

Room Tip: I think any room looking out onto the lawn would be a good room if you want a room with a view.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice recently, once for Fall break and once for Spring Break with my 10 year old daughter. The property is really lovely - I do feel very relaxed here. I also like the buffet for dinner and breakfast, and one free kids buffet is included with each adult buffet, so that brings it down to a more reasonable price. The activities for kids are fun, but when you are paying $300+ for the room plus a $22 - 26/per day resort fee, and you have to pay extra for the activities, you start to feel like you are being gouged a little. One of my gripes during our Spring Break stay was that they ran out of towels at the pool, and the poolside food service was unbelievably slow (one order I never received at all after 40 minutes). After 20 years in business, this resort should be prepared for crowds at Spring Break. I expect it to be crowded, but I also expect the hotel to be prepared for the crowds - they weren't, at least not that day. The rooms are adequate - roughly equivalent to your typical Marriott or Hilton property. Nice, but nothing to write home about (and we even stayed in one that had just been updated). It did have a mini-fridge, which was convenient. The staff is great, very friendly and each person you deal with goes out of their way to tell you to let them know if you need anything. We didn't take advantage of it this time, but a nice benefit is that you can also use a Hyatt Vacation Club property about 5 minutes away that has an indoor/outdoor pool, so if the weather is cold or rainy, kids can still swim indoors. There is a lot to like about this Hyatt, and we will probably return at some point to this property, I just expect a little more for the price we paid.

1 Thank Dana S
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent Hill Country visit.

I was thrilled to read that you are a frequent guest, we appreciate you continuing to choose the Hyatt Hill Country for your family getaways! I apologize for the challenges you experienced over Spring Break with the lack of available towels, and for the slow service from our poolside dining. I have shared your comments with both our recreation and food and beverage teams so that your experience is not repeated.

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited the resort for 4 nights during spring break with our 2 young boys. I was impressed by how well laid out the hotel was for the size. Although it was sold out, there was a lawn, golf course, various pools, lazy river, spa, so people were scattered across a large area and it didn't feel as crowded. We have traveled extensively with our kids including Europe. I appreciate good Texas hospitality and friendly service which is abundant at this Hyatt. You feel welcome! I like all the details of the austin stone, natural trees, ducks on the trees, and greenery. The kids activities are well scheduled and are in a nice setting. Our kids loved, loved the lazy river which meant we got to relax pool side. We tried the food and found it appropriate for the price. 2 free kid meals included with 2 adult meals. Also, the BBQ on the lawn with $6 kid meals and $11 adult meals was tasty. However, if you are on a tight budget, this place may not be for you. There's a lot of extra charges that naturally come with this caliber of resort. At the end of our trip, we found ourselves thinking this is a great spot for us to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3000 block convenient to the elevator general store, pools. Some of the other room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of your recent Hill Country visit. I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your recent visit.

S’mores and movies on the lawn are two of our most popular activities.

You also mentioned our renovation, by October we will have updated all guest rooms with new wall coverings, flooring, and fresh tile in the bathrooms, updated furniture and Hyatt’s Grand Bed. Edge Falls, our waterpark expansion, will bring us to 5 acres of splish splashy fun consisting of a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar. Groups will appreciate the addition of a 20,200 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

I hope you will make visiting us an annual tradition.