Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$95
$180
  • Breakfast included
$62
$426
$259
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$134
JW Marriott
$244
$239
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$245
$215
Orbitz.com
2,766 results
All reviewslazy rivergeneral storeflow riderhill countryspringhouse caferambling riveractivity poolantler's lodgesea worldnature trailmovie nightbreakfast tacosfire pitkids activitiesfamily vacationspring breakbeautiful property
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort on Oct. 19-21, 2012. There was a total of 3 in our party and we shared a 1 BR Hill Country Suite.

The accommodations and staff were great. The suite was spacious and the King bed in the main bedroom was quite comfortable. There was a flat screen in the living area and one in the bedroom. The bathroom was a bit small, but it was nice since the sink was outside, so it made it easier to get ready in the morning. The living area had a queen sized pull-out bed, table and chairs, and small fridge. There was a shared balcony, which was strange, to say the least. The resort had a nice exercise facility, 1 tennis court, golf course, several pools and a fun lazy river. The water temp in the pool was a chilly 70 degrees.

There are several restaurants on the property, but we only visited the Springhouse Cafe for breakfast. The food there was quite good. The food from room service? Not so much. I ordered a Rib-Eye steak from room service on the first night -- it was awful. The hotel is in the middle of renovations -- both inside (rooms) and out (landscaping, and construction).

Overall, staying at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort was a good experience, despite the issues. AAA lists this as a 4 diamond property -- in it's current state, I'd give it 3.5 diamonds. On my next trip to the area I'll probably stay at the newer JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CarlsbadMAP
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the entire resort for your experience with your room service meal. The quality of our food is very important to us and I have shared your thoughts with our culinary team so they can address this area that fell short during your visit. We are in the beginning stages of a 30-million dollar enhancement project.

By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing upgrades and enhancements to the property and allow us to provide you with the level of service you expect.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beautiful setting and nice facility. Maid service not that great. Restaurant was terrible--poor service and lousy food. Small portions. Too far out from town. Grounds very well-kept.Would have been nice to be able to swim but too cold.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the entire resort for your experience in Springhouse Café. The quality of our food is very important to us and I have shared your thoughts with our culinary team so they can address this area that fell short during your visit. We strive to provide each guest with a pristine and clean guestroom, and it is clear to me that we did not deliver this to you. I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping department to ensure that these issues are addressed.

While the resort has a feel of seclusion, we are only 20 minutes from downtown and the famed River Walk and historic Alamo.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you personally about your visit. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Hyatt Hill Country.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We enjoyed our weekend so much. This was a special birthday celebration for our 3-year-old instead of the traditional party. The hotel made it very special for our family of four.

Our 5-year-old had the most fun. It was freeing for him to be able to ride bikes and swim in a place designed for his enjoyment. He loved dinner at Antlers, too. His only regret is that it got too cold before he could go to the Texas-shaped pool.

Our 3-year-old was sick with for our trip and was a bit cranky. Our waitress gave us crackers and ginger ale which helped. He started to feel better by dinner on Saturday, the day of the big celebration dinner.

He enjoyed floating on the river and walking a tricycle through the grounds. (Glad they have tricycles!) He participated in the water balloon toss and s’mores. He is at an age where he says no to doing new things, but then comes around and has a good time.

The staff was good with him, and he had a lot of fun despite his not feeling 100%.

The cake the resort pastry chef made was amazing. The birthday-boy was awe struck. He is still talking about it. We were impressed by the amount of work the pastry chefs put into it. (Thank you so much for that.)

All-in-all everyone at the hotel made our stay great. Our servers were wonderful, and we miss them. The Camp kept the boys entertained for a few hours on the cold Sunday morning; that was good for us; we needed a break ourselves. Behind the scenes the pastry chefs made our son's birthday magical.

Everyone at the hotel does that little bit of extra without being intrusive. I know that may be what is expected, but I also recognize that it is hard to get perfected. They do a great job. We appreciated their efforts to make our stay relaxing.

We’re back to school and work with fond memories of our time in San Antonio. Thank you, again, for making it come together.

Room Tip: Our room was over the lawn. They were doing movies out there at night which you could hear, but it was not bothersome. I liked that location a lot and did not mind that little bit of noise. All the activity of the day made us sleep well.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so very much for your incredible 5 star review of your recent visit. I am thrilled to read that our team made your 3-year-old's birthday celebration a success!

I thank you for mentioning our pastry, Camp, Springhouse and Antlers Lodge staff. They work very hard to makes sure that each guest has a memorable experience, and I am proud that we delivered that to you and your family.

We look forward to celebrating a 4th birthday with you next year as we complete our 30 million dollar renovation and enhancement project.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing upgrades and enhancements to the property!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a wonderful resort! Great for relaxing by the pool or slowly tubing down the lazy river that winds around the property. Golf was terrific and the spa was just perfect. The food at the restaurant was delicious... especially the amazing breakfast buffet. Although a bit of a drive to the city for the regular tourist sightseeing, it was truly a perfect, relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pvshoe

I am thrilled and humbled with your generous 5 star review of your recent visit. I am so happy to read about your dining, spa and golf experience. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with our managers.

I do hope you will visit us next year when we complete our 30 million dollar renovation and enhancement project. By October, 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel was very dated and the facilities showed a lot of wear and tear. The AC in the room blew musty air and they were not able to resolve it. The hotel was overrun with little children yelling and screaming. I had children with me but this was too much.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent Hill Country visit. I apologize for the problems with the air-conditioning in your room. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you and find out your specific room number so I may have our engineering team examine and service the unit.

The resort is filled with families in August and sometimes our younger guests can be quite exuberant. You might try visiting us over a weekend during the school year, when fewer families are traveling.

I regards to your guestroom experience I am thrilled to tell you that we are in the beginning stages of a 30-million dollar enhancement project.

By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping as well.