“Relaxing!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Relaxing!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This was a wonderful resort! Great for relaxing by the pool or slowly tubing down the lazy river that winds around the property. Golf was terrific and the spa was just perfect. The food at the restaurant was delicious... especially the amazing breakfast buffet. Although a bit of a drive to the city for the regular tourist sightseeing, it was truly a perfect, relaxing getaway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank pvshoe
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am thrilled and humbled with your generous 5 star review of your recent visit. I am so happy to read about your dining, spa and golf experience. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with our managers.

I do hope you will visit us next year when we complete our 30 million dollar renovation and enhancement project. By October, 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

I hope you will plan to visit us next fall to see all of the amazing upgrades and enhancements to the property!

210-520-4022

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel was very dated and the facilities showed a lot of wear and tear. The AC in the room blew musty air and they were not able to resolve it. The hotel was overrun with little children yelling and screaming. I had children with me but this was too much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent Hill Country visit. I apologize for the problems with the air-conditioning in your room. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you and find out your specific room number so I may have our engineering team examine and service the unit.

The resort is filled with families in August and sometimes our younger guests can be quite exuberant. You might try visiting us over a weekend during the school year, when fewer families are traveling.

I regards to your guestroom experience I am thrilled to tell you that we are in the beginning stages of a 30-million dollar enhancement project.

By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping as well.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family stays at this property several times a year and we are never disappointed. The staff genuinely go out of their way to make sure you are happy and enjoying your time at the hotel. They have so many planned activities for the children on holidays and weekends that you will never run out of stuff to do and, quite frankly, will never need to leave the property. They do balloon toss, painting, hair braiding, pony rides, scavenger hunts, make homemade ice cream....the list goes on and on! The lazy river is a paradise--so relaxing! After staying here probably thirty times, I honestly don't have one negative thing to say. This year they even had the buffet where kids ate free with a paying adult..that was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. Again, the staff, all of them, are amazing. The property is beautiful! The food is great! And, they are now building a new water area with a wave thing to boogie board on and a tall waterslide...like I said, it just keeps getting better and better!

Room Tip: If you have children, the ground floor rooms are best because they can go in and out easily to ride...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2012

We appreciate your continued loyalty and enthusiasm towards our resort. I was so proud to read your comments about our staff. Our Hill Country family works very hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable visit, and I am thrilled that we delivered that to you.

I am also thrilled to give you some additional details about our 30-million dollar enhancement project. By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms, with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

Waco, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I attended a 3day conference there with my hubby in tow. Regular room was adequate size w/ small bathroom. Many rooms have a small balcony/patio but views from some are not desirable.
The best thing in my opinion was the staff. Almost without exception they were helpful & went out if their way to make things right. Lazy river was refreshing.

• Stayed August 2012
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for the review of your recent visit, I was so proud to read your comments about our staff. Our Hill Country family works very hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable visit, and I am thrilled that we delivered that to you.

When we opened almost 20 years ago our guestrooms offered sweeping views of the resort and golf course, now as our beautiful Live Oak trees have matured some of those views are obstructed, but still offer a wonderful treetop views.

We are in the beginning stages of a 30-million dollar enhancement project. By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens. Our outdoors will be enhanced with additional lighting and landscaping.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2012

It's too bad that the property conditions don't match those of the staff... This place is in need of a desperate facelift and modernization.

The facilities are "adequate" at best. Stayed on business for a conference. The conference facility was nice but the rooms - depressing. The gym equipment was good but the overall space tired and dated.

THE STAFF - ALL AMAZING AND THANK GOD FOR THAT ! Good Luck staffers at Hyatt Hill Country...can't wait to see what you look like after a re-do.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

I am also thrilled to tell you that the resort will soon undergo a 35-million dollar enhancement project. By October 2013 we will have updated all guest rooms, with new flooring, beds, updated furniture and fresh tile in the bathrooms, added a FlowRider®, 22' tower slide restaurant and bar to our 4-acre water playground and added a 20,000 square foot ballroom as well as 11,000 square feet of outdoor event lawns and gardens.

Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

While here for a convention with my boyfriend it was very enjoyable. While the spa can be a little of a hike to get there it is well worth it. Very pleasurable. The grounds are beautiful and the lazy little floatable river behind the resort is very relaxing. All of the staff were very attentive and helpful. The saloon was under renovation while we were there so I can not tell you about that. All the meals were provided by the convention so I have no reviews of the onsite dinning. I would choose this resort for either convention or vacation. It is really lovely.

Room Tip: They will charge you extra without warning if you ask for a room with a balcony/patiio.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your 4 star review of your recent visit.

I apopogize for the Charlie's Long Bar closure during your visit, we took this time to paint, refinish the hardwood floors and recover the barstools.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

dallas diva
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are a couple who came to this resort because my husband had a meeting. Most of the other reviewers touted the resort for kids but we did not find this to be a distraction. The resort is large enough so if you want to go on a quiet romantic walk with your husband it is totally possible. We stayed the week before school started so the hotel was overrun with kids. The lazy river was crowded but still had stretches on solitude. On check in a nice young man noticed I was limping and told me I could have free valet parking. I said no but engaged him in conversation. He was the guest services manger Bryan Niehaus. I couldn't believe that the guest services manager was standing in the hot Texas day making sure everything was ok with every guest. Bryan also personally directed ensuring our room was ready early and came up to the lounge to direct me to room. THIS IS A YOUNG MAN YOU NEED TO CONTACT BECAUSE HE WILL GET THE PROBLEM SOLVED. Our room was large and well appointed. All rooms at this resort have refrigerators for your sandwiches and cokes. We used the Gold Passport lounge which is only open at peak summer times. The lounge serves a continental breakfast. It was just ok no protein except hard cooked eggs and smoked salmon for bagels. They had waffles that were very hard one day. Plenty of rolls, bagels, and bread stuffs. Fresh fruit and some special local treats, with a expresso machine. During the day while my husband in conference I exercised in an adequate uncrowded exercise room, read in a quiet space under a tree, and rode the lazy river. We went to lounge for snacks and were more pleasantly surprised to find 2 hot appetizers, chips , and cheese plate with grapes. The lounge also had all the water, sodas, and juices a person could want. It makes sense for the family because of the savings. Wouldn't want it every night but would be great after a trek to wet and wild. Also later they put out some mediocre desserts which we added hot chocolate from the expresso machine. I let them know that this was also my birthday week and Hyatt as usual remembered and sent us a beautiful surprise to our room . Check out was smoothless but the stay did not post to our gold passport account. Be sure and check. Finally thanks Bryan and y'all remember he is the man at this resort.

Room Tip: Remember this is a large resort and if you have small kids stay close to action.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your wonderful 5 star review. I so appreciate you taking the time to mention Bryan Niehaus, our guest services manager, he is "the man" and truly amazing, I was thrilled to read that you agree! I will make sure that a copy of your kind review is placed into his HR employee file. I will also make sure he sees your wonderful comments.

I have shared your comments regarding your experience in Regency Club with our culinary team; feedback such as yours truly helps us to improve our offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.