Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$238
$206
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$242
$116
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$159
$149
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
$153
Hotwire.com
2,726 results
All reviewslazy rivergeneral storeflow riderhill countryspringhouse caferambling riveractivity poolantler's lodgesea worldnature trailmovie nightbreakfast tacosfire pitkids activitiesfamily vacationspring breakbeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Spent time here with my husbad for Labor Day. The staff was super friendly and the service was great. The adult pool was quite as most of the guests were with their kids at the lazy river. This was an okay trip for couples and would be most ideal for a family. The breakfast buffett was so, so good. Free range eggs, made to order omletts, waffles, etc. and LOTS of healthy choices like oatmeal, fresh fruit & homemade granola.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your 4 star review of your Labor Day stay. I am glad to read that you and your husband had a good time. The adult pool is a haven for grown-ups! On our next visit be sure to look into getting a day pass to Windflower-The Hill Country Spa, where you can access the sauna, eucalyptus steam and private lap pool. This area has fabulous Live Oak trees that offer shade, the other side of the deck offers sunlight, it truly is the best of both worlds and no one under the age of 18 is permitted.

I appreciate you mentioning our healthy menu options, all of these selections are part of our "Thoughtfully Sourced, Carefully Served" initiative. Cage-free chickens and eggs, hormone-free milks and organic produce are just the beginning.

I hope you will visit again very soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Had a nice 2 day stay while attending a small conference. Nice rooms and facilities. The Antler Lodge was a treat for a business dinner. I will have to come back with my family and play golf. Staff helped out in a couple tight scheduling spots. Thanks!

• Stayed: August 2012
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for our 4 star review of your recent visit. I am glad you were able to enjoy the resort when not in your conference. Antlers Lodge is indeed a treat! My favorite is the chorizo grits, a perfect complement to almost anything on the menu.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We took an extended family vacation here last Labor Day (2011) and really enjoyed it. The pool area is a blast for kids and adults alike with a giant lazy river (that even splits off halfway around for a little swim-up bar action), water tubes, water basketball, huge hot tubs with waterfall, and plenty of lounge chairs. This resort is set amongst thick beautiful trees so there were quite a few leaves in the pools along with the scenic beauty but they were trying to stay on top if it. They have a kids' movie on the lawn at night where families gather on homespun blankets to watch. They had horseshoes, a s'mores cookout, hammocks, walking trails, and even a mini petting zoo. My mother and I spent some time at the spa. What I remember most about that experience was the extra time spent at the private spa pool and hammock before and after my treatment. It's set away from all kiddie activities and was quiet and peaceful. The buffet dinner was always delicious, varied and plentiful. Customer service is top notch here with many a friendly face to assist or offer suggestions on activities. While the resort is beautiful, the atmosphere is casual and oriented toward families and kids in particular. I referred a friend here recently and she and her children loved it!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for the wonderfully detailed 5 star review of your 2011 Labor Day weekend visit. I was thrilled to read that your family enjoyed your visit so much that you referred Hyatt Hill Country to your friends. Those referrals mean to much to us and are greatly appreciated.

I hope you won't let another year pass without visiting us!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I spent this past week staying at this resort while working in the San Antonio area. I was able to get a room at the government rate, which is a steep discount from their regular rack rate. Unfortunately, in my opinion, I also got a sub-standard room. The drapes in my room did not fully close - there was a gap of over a foot that just had sheers covering the window, so I never had a fully dark room. Each morning I heard the staff throw the newspaper down in front of my door.The bed was really soft -- definitely not to my liking, nor one of their signature mattresses. One of my desk/dining chairs had springs coming out - impossible to sit in. On top of this, the path from the hotel to the self parking area is very poorly lit making it very dangerous to walk to your car in the early mornings or late at night. I also had issues with their General Store, a combination gift and snack shop, that is supposed to be open daily at 6am. As you can guess, this did not happen for most of my stay; one day I gave up at 6:15 when the doors were still locked. All this was passed on to the staff when I checked out. That said, this is a very nice resort with beautiful pools, a lazy river, common areas, etc. Lot's of activities are held throughout the day for families, ideal for folks on vacation which is who this resort caters to, and of course golfers. Most of the staff were very friendly, especially the front desk personnel. I do try to stay at Hyatt's when I travel, and this was the only one in the area that I could get a reservation at for my travel period. My preference would have been one of their properties near the River Walk. Due to my bad experiences, I would not recommend this resort for business travelers.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the higher floors - probably would be much more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for alerting me to the many problems you had during your recent visit. I apologize for the difficulties you had with your guestroom and with accessing our General Store.

This is certainly not our standard nor is it the way we want our valued guests to feel when looking back on their Hill Country experience.

I hope you will allow us the opportunity to earn your business again.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

It's our third year now going to this resort and we love it so much that this has become our family's special place to celebrate our youngest child's summer birthday. We have never been disappointed with this resort, nor had we ever had a cause for complaint. They have something for everybody: golf for the dads, spa for the moms, tons of kids' activities for the little ones. Service is always superb and the staff always go the extra mile to make sure their guests are having a wonderful time. Last year, they brought out watermelons by the pool and served everyone. This year, they gave away Popsicle. The rooms are always very clean and this year, we had housekeeping knock on our door late in the afternoon to ask if we need anything extra, like toothpaste or towels. But of course, the thing we love most about this place is the lazy river. A word of warning, though: This area of the resort is just too much fun for kids that it can get really crazy at times. A reviewer remarked that the lazy river can get congested and that is true. If you are the sort who minds little kids running around, splashing water and having the best time of their lives, steer clear from this area. There is an adult pool nearby, just off the cabanas, where you can have peace and quiet. My husband and I, however, delight in seeing little children laugh and treat this area like their big playground, so we really enjoy hanging around here, sitting on the comfortable lounge chairs under the shade of trees, sipping our Texas Tea. Ah, bliss! We'll be back again next year, that's for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I am thrilled and humbled with your generous 5 star review of your recent visit.

We appreciate your continued loyalty and enthusiasm for our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.