“No complaints”

Ranked #300 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
A TripAdvisor Member
“No complaints”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Was concerned after reading bad reviews (after booking), and was expecting the worst. Was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Very clean room, NO evidence of bed bugs (or any insect for that matter). We THOROUGHLY checked every surface (even removed headboard from wall to inspect, removed bedding, examined every inch top and bottom of mattress and box spring, etc). If you're looking for an aesthetically pleasing or high quality hotel, this is not for you. But if you just need a place to sleep/shower in a convenient location at an inexpensive rate, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Well, to start out (because I am pretty new at this), I don't really travel much. I have never been anywhere past Pennsylvania. A few weeks ago, I booked with travelocity to go to San Antonio, Texas for a 3 night stay while seeing my brother for the trip. I am very glad I did. The flight was wonderful ( I have never flown before), and the hotel was extremely comfortable to fit my needs. Mack at the front desk was very kind and willing to help me at checking in. My room was very well decorated, and very relaxing. A first for me, because I worked in a few hotels, was that there was not only a refrigerator already in the room, but a microwave as well. The ice machines are around the corners for anyone who needs ice, and the outdoor pool looked very inviting. I have really enjoyed my stay throughout the entire vacation.

The details of the room were very nice, with a full-size bed, microwave, refridgerator, a safe in case you need to store any valuables, cable tv with a nice big 27 inch television, and a nice soothing shower in the bathroom. The staff was very nice and courteous. Although I didn't get to have any of the complimentary breakfasts, I would of enjoyed to just try one. If I were to go back to San Antonio, I would definately stay at the Rodeway Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank mike22283
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Rate was the cheapest in San Antonio on Expedia. Stayed 1 night. Tricked us on location..have to take the feeder road immediately off the interstate, then make an immediate u-turn, then it's easy to find. Check in was fast and nice as the night manager was professional and genuinely friendly. Pool looked nice, but didn't get to enjoy. Room was dated but clean, comfortable and everything (cable tv, micro, fridge, shower, free wifi, a/c, safe, iron and board, door key) worked properly. Train is nearby, but only heard it twice and it didn't bother our sleep. After reading several reviews, I was afraid to book but ended up very satisfied. For price and quiet, it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
apaulajr
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Terrible, infested with bugs and roaches. The reception people are not nice, seems like the Bates hotel, a nightmare! And there is a train like 6 feet from the rooms which runs at midnight and very early in the morning on weekends. Is not worth the price at all. The bedding is so old you can see through it and it smells like a public bathroom. Horrible!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
houston
Reviewed August 10, 2009

right when we got in the room we had to call someone to come clean the restroom because there were hairs everywere in the resroom the mirrors were all dirty and the refrigerator was disgusting when we got back at 12 we went to sleep but we couldnt because we kept itching then my husband got up and he found a bedbug on me then we all got up except my youngest daughter we took of all the sheets and under them there were a lot of bedbugs there were nests we even got pictures so we could report them. when that happened it was 4 in the morning so we went to the front desk the lady there was the manager we asked her for our money back because we didnt sleep all night she didnt give us a refund and my freind that was next door had payed for both rooms all they did was give us 10 dollars back but the next day when we looked at her credit car account they had charged her for the next day for both rooms even thogh we didint stay there so its horrible there dont ever stay there

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Overall, hotel was ok. My room looked clean compared to the other reviews, maybe the hotel read this site? My two complaints are the construction that is going on makes the places hard to navagate. There are large carpet rolls and wood around the hallways and the outside grounds. The other complaints is the area around the hotel looks kinda shady. Didn't even leave the room to get food; had food delivered. But overall, I guess this what $49 on a weekend night gets you.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
austin
Reviewed February 20, 2008

Dirty lobby to greet you. Smelly man behind desk can't speak much ENGLISH.
wallpaper torn and dirty, old looking lobby
Killed my own roaches in bathtub !
Dirty dingy smelly inner hallway- real seedy looking (not like photos online!)
security lock on outter door broken, anyone can come inside.
Screens busted out of roooms
Room seemed semi clean at first but it wasn't. needs good scrubbing!
Long black hair under my pillow (not mine!)
Sliding door has 1 inch gap to let in (above) roaches/bugs
Fridge/freezer was black w/ mold and not turned on
Shower curtain smelled like sour milk
coffeemaker not restocked on 2nd day. no coffee, no sugar no cups.
Maid had a large handwritten note on an envelope next to bed that read "TIPS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED" Maybe if she tried to clean the place she might get a tip
Morning bkfst consisted of stale dougnuts and make it yourself
waffles that I was scared to look into batter bowl left uncovered on counter all morning
Complained to morning staff, they seemed unfazed. Use to complaining!
SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO CHARGE ANY $$ FOR THIS DUMP!!
I WILL NEVER STAY IN A RODEWAY INN AGAIN DUE TO THIS BAD EXPERIENCE....

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family